Armageddon to be replaced?

Started by Kristof, October 12, 2005, 05:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

I am a massive fan of Armageddon and would be very sad to see it go.  Yes you probably only want to see it once a trip because the intro is cringe-worthy - but the effects you get to see, hear and feel SO CLOSE-UP... are astounding!

Comparing it to the Doctor Who Experience's "Tardis" section, BBC could have tried a lot harder!

Rafael

I also liked Armaggedon when I went last month. I think they should just change the pre-show.

JelleP

Quote from: "Rafael"I also liked Armaggedon when I went last month. I think they should just change the pre-show.
The pre-show ruins the complete experience, in my opinion :')
But my whole family (including my grandparents) LOVED it when we 'rode' it and I'll definitely visit it again next time!
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Rafael

Quote from: "JelleP"
Quote from: "Rafael"I also liked Armaggedon when I went last month. I think they should just change the pre-show.
The pre-show ruins the complete experience, in my opinion :')
But my whole family (including my grandparents) LOVED it when we 'rode' it and I'll definitely visit it again next time!

I totally agree with you, JelleP :)

However, when I was there, the cast-member did an amazing job trying to make that awful pre-show something fun. I canĀ“t say he made it better, but he really tried the best he could.  :D

DisneyDonna

If they change the pre-show, this attraction would be a lot better. I really like it. Also the castmember we had last time was really enthusiastic and made the whole experience great!

ed-uk

The pre-show is also mostly in french, and if you can't speak the language it doesn't help. I saw it once with an english speaking CM which was a lot better for me and more entertaining. I do like the attraction, but the thought of the pre-show does put me off.
Ed & David

Scissorsboi

Just had a thought on this one, what with the Narnia phase of Disney done and we're pretending that it never really happened, would we be possibly looking at getting a version of the newly opened 'The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow' attraction which has just opened in WDS' Orlando sister park?

I'm pretty certain that it's only a playtest style attraction for the Singapore version of Pirates, but a quick adaption of Armageddon, some enhancements such as some animatronic additions (moving treasure chest/falling boulders/cannons etc), some 4D effects, and less interaction would lead to a lovely C-Ticket attraction which could be used to bolster up the 2nd year of the 20th Anniversary!

Spoiler Video of the Attraction:

[youtube:13khurt5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRSuDjC8i9s[/youtube:13khurt5]
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Kristof

WDI developed a similar attraction based on The Chronicles of Narnia which should have replaced Armageddon in 2008-2009. However when Disney cut all ties with the Narnia franchise, the plans fell through. I wouldn't be surprised if this attraction, or something similar (perhaps based on Marvel?) would make it's way inside Soundstage 7.

smurfy74

that pirates attraction looks quite fun :-)

perrollaz

I like Armageddon the way it is- not every ride has to be AAA and everyone needs to have a AAA rollercoaster to be thrilled. The vacuum effect soaking out the air of the station is quite cool ;-)

Robert97

@InsideDLParis  "Some theming/carts have been taken away from Backlot in preperation of New Years Eve aswell"

It seems very likely the area will get a re-design sometime in the future.

Martyn

I've always thought that Armageddon was a bit of crud attraction. But now I've been to Florida, I think I may take that back. It is better than ALL of the special effects attractions at Universal Studios!

And for the record , Honey I Shrunk the Audience also jumped up in my books too, as there was a lot of 4D crap in Orlando as well.

DisneyWizard

I heard a rumor that a Spiderman experience was replacing it .. not sure how that would work xD
Insane Disney Lover & Tour guide.

PrincessEnya

I would love for the Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow to come to the studios! I don't like Armageddon at all to be honest.
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

PrincessA

Quote from: PirateSteve on December 01, 2011, 11:15:57 AM
I would be glad to see it gone, as long as they replaced it with something decent and not another meet and greet as seems to be the way things are going these days. I've not experienced it for years as it really is a huge let down once you are inside. I wonder if they could keep the spaceship setting and maybe brand to something like WALL-E?

I agree, a Wall-e attraction would have so much more potential. Armageddon was completely disappointing, I've only done it once.