Armageddon to be replaced?

Started by Kristof, October 12, 2005, 05:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

According to an article on Newsparcs will Armageddon be replaced after the opening of Tower of Terror.  Mostly due to technical problems and low guest satisfaction.  It should be replaced my something similar with fire.  

What are your thoughts about this?

Anthony

I'm not sure what to think.  Let's say they do decide to replace it - it's such a tiny, tiny building that they can't really do anything *that* amazing with it, can they?  All they could do is put in something very similar but perhaps with higher capacity and better effects.  They could get rid of CafĂ© des Cascadeurs and expand the attraction out in that direction, but I'm not sure if that'd work.

I think a Mission 2-style redesign is what the attraction needs.  They shouldn't put a whole new attraction there, it isn't worth the amount of money it would cost for what would still be such a small attraction.  The Armageddon name is also still very well known and they should make the most of it.  I wouldn't mind them increasing capacity and adding a new, extra special effects room - they could call it "Armageddon: *enter title here*".  If they design the backstage of ToT (the power station which the attraction needs could be in the way) with this in mind, an extra SFX room could be added at the back of the attraction.  Even just a duplicate room of the existing one would be great since it'd double capacity!

The problem with Armageddon though, I think, is that it was never really meant to be a mind-blowing E-Ticket attraction.  It's a C/D Ticket that has had to be bumped up in status due to the fact that the park has so few attractions.  If there were more attractions in the park then it wouldn't have had so much pressure put on it to be successful.  I feel sorry for Armageddon: SFX, I really do, but overall it's still not even a hundreth as good as it could be.

If they do decide to do something major with the attraction, then great - it'll be an even bigger sign than Toon Studios and ToT that the management really want to make the park the best it can be.  Money and space are still major problems though...

disneyisthebest

Good idea as it has bad reviews

BadKid

I read somewhere that it was being replaced by a Narnia walk-through?
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Vegitabeta

Really?  I thought that Disney cut all their ties with Narnia.

BadKid

Quote from: "Vegitabeta"Really?  I thought that Disney cut all their ties with Narnia.

Yeah, really. I think it was either on this forum or somewhere on the internet.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

BadKid

And why did Disney stop working with the Narnia people?
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

DopeyDad

Blimey, yes that rumour was a while ago, after Prince Caspian but before they realised it's box office sales weren't as good as Disney would have liked I think.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I would be glad to see it gone, as long as they replaced it with something decent and not another meet and greet as seems to be the way things are going these days. I've not experienced it for years as it really is a huge let down once you are inside. I wonder if they could keep the spaceship setting and maybe brand to something like WALL-E?
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Vegitabeta

Good idea Steve!  I went in last year but only 'cos my American friend wanted to experience it.  Other than that I never go in.

davewasbaloo

I think I must be one of the very few people who love Armageddon. But then I am one of the very few who love Backdraft and Twister at Universal too. Or the Temple of Fire at Port Aventura.
since 2001 (many before that)

sebassah

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I think I must be one of the very few people who love Armageddon. But then I am one of the very few who love Backdraft and Twister at Universal too.

Same here! How ever I would love the Muppets making a come back in Europe and that could be a very cool location!

BadKid

Are they going to replace Armageddon for the 20th anniversary?
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

ed-uk

I doubt it. I don't think Disney have officially said they're going to replace it, other than would like to, maybe. I still like Armageddon but I'm not keen on the pre-show, a lot depends on the CM.
Ed & David

sebassah

Quote from: "ed-uk"I doubt it. I don't think Disney have officially said they're going to replace it, other than would like to, maybe. I still like Armageddon but I'm not keen on the pre-show, a lot depends on the CM.

No clues so far. Than again the "Armagedoon replacement" has been a rumour for years now. Just glad it hadnt become the Narnia Walk trough. The one at DHS is probably the worst around that park.