Future Project Rumours

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul

Quote from: "forza_united"KFC, hmm I guess it could be true when we have McDonald's, but I really hope it isn't true - the food is very unmagical and some of the stories about KFC don't seem to fit in with Disney in my opinion.

](*,)  Some people will believe anything. There's nothing wrong with KFC (in general... obviously some branches may have staff who don't follow their standard operating procedures). How "magical" are burgers, pizzas, american deli sandwiches, and the various other offers in the Village?

Like some have said, it'll be good to have another reliable but affordable food option (no-one would be forced to eat there!)

electricdreams

Quote from: "paul"
Quote from: "forza_united"KFC, hmm I guess it could be true when we have McDonald's, but I really hope it isn't true - the food is very unmagical and some of the stories about KFC don't seem to fit in with Disney in my opinion.

](*,)  Some people will believe anything. There's nothing wrong with KFC (in general... obviously some branches may have staff who don't follow their standard operating procedures). How "magical" are burgers, pizzas, american deli sandwiches, and the various other offers in the Village?

Like some have said, it'll be good to have another reliable but affordable food option (no-one would be forced to eat there!)

everything is wrong with KFCruelty....have you seen how they treat chickens
 http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

luke85

^That's not really the issue here, lets keep to the topic :)

DLP-Photos.com

I am not saying that KFC is just as bad as all the stories about them - but they do not come from nowhere. I'm also not saying that burgers and sandwiches are especially magical, but I would like to see DV move in a different direction, so we do not add more of these places. You can do pretty cheap things which is a bit more high quality than for instance KFC, but of course this is just my opinion.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

paul

Quote from: "electricdreams"everything is wrong with KFCruelty....have you seen how they treat chickens

A very sensationalised and biased website - not too surprising when it's run by PETA - who are essentially the terrorists of the animal rights world! Come back to me on this one when you have unbiased proof. :)

Personally, I'd say a chain fast-food outlet with national/worldwide regularly checked standards (which are known to be met) are more reliable to eat at than unrecognised places such as the kebab outlet in the DV (is that even still there?)

But anyway, back on topic...

electricdreams

Quote from: "electricdreams"everything is wrong with KFCruelty....have you seen how they treat chickens

A very sensationalised and biased website - not too surprising when it's run by PETA - who are essentially the terrorists of the animal rights world! Come back to me on this one when you have unbiased proof. :)

Personally, I'd say a chain fast-food outlet with national/worldwide regularly checked standards (which are known to be met) are more reliable to eat at than unrecognised places such as the kebab outlet in the DV (is that even still there?)

But anyway, back on topic...

omg...unbaised proof...watch the factual video footage of how they make KFC!    ....or read/watch the following statements from Phil Collins,Sir Paul McCartney,The Black Eyed Peas,Pamela Anderson and many many more celebrities who stand up for the welfare of the 1 billion chickens KFC slaughter every year that you eat!

I completly agree with you the standards in a ff restaurant chain will always be good compared to your local kebeb outlet but that isnt the issue about KFC & PETA.....its all about what they are selling you in the chains

All Peta is trying to do is get KFC to adopt a animal welfare program ( i wont go into detail why as it will go off topic even more,check the website) and i personally feel it is not right for Disney and their image

rant over  :lol:

paul

Quote from: "electricdreams"who stand up for the welfare of the 1 billion chickens KFC slaughter every year that you eat!

Well, to be fair, a billion a year is a bit OTT... I probably get through about 3 chickens a year from there :P and very nice they are too.

electricdreams

Quote from: "electricdreams"who stand up for the welfare of the 1 billion chickens KFC slaughter every year that you eat!

Well, to be fair, a billion a year is a bit OTT... I probably get through about 3 chickens a year from there :P and very nice they are too.

You might not care about the welfare of animals and what you eat but at least i see you have a sense of humour  :wink:

Anthony

KFC is not coming. The end.

Alarm bells should have rung as soon as the "I know something you don't know" act began. And then again when we read Tony's Restaurant was due to replace Hurricanes. And then again when they thought Ratatouille might be positioned at the end of an empty Hollywood Boulevard. Good fun, but enough now.

phantom247

Yes there will be a new restaurant soon within the next two years operated by Flo Groupe their are several projects under discussion but no official green light on any of these projects.  Also KFC being just next to Annettes Diner very unlikely as flo Groupe who operate Annettes on behalf of Disney would not entertain another restaurant simular to their's just opening next door.

pussinboots

Quote from: "phantom247"Yes there will be a new restaurant soon within the next two years operated by Flo Groupe their are several projects under discussion but no official green light on any of these projects.  Also KFC being just next to Annettes Diner very unlikely as flo Groupe who operate Annettes on behalf of Disney would not entertain another restaurant simular to their's just opening next door.

That actually sounds plausible. (Groupe Flo is a French company operating brasserie-style restaurants all over Europe, including the one underneath the stained-glass dome of Printemps in Paris and, apparently, Annette's.)

Are they behind anything else at Disneyland Paris?

Kristof

Regarding Discotheque Hurricanes, there's an internal announcement every year since 2007 that it would close later that year, but the closure gets cancelled each and every time.  Last time it would get closed for good was past November...

dagobert

Quote from: "Kristof"Regarding Discotheque Hurricanes, there's an internal announcement every year since 2007 that it would close later that year, but the closure gets cancelled each and every time.  Last time it would get closed for good was past November...

I've never been to Hurricanes, is it very popular or why does Disney postpone the closure every year?
From the outside, Hurricanes doesn't really appeal to me, but maybe it is a great nightclub.

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"Are they behind anything else at Disneyland Paris?
They appear to run most of the Disney Village restaurants: King Ludwig's Castle, Rainforest Cafe, Annette's Diner, Café Mickey and New York Style Sandwiches (taking that from the bottom of here). I didn't know about that last one, so perhaps they'll run Earl of Sandwich after all?

Is Hurricanes big enough for a restaurant? If it was operated by Groupe Flo perhaps it could share kitchens with Rainforest Cafe and have food brought up...

I can imagine a restaurant there, maybe quite possibly an Italian, maybe even called Tony's Restaurant (though it's a bit of a boring name if I say so myself), but not the Lady and the Tramp Tony's from MK. With the windows at the back overlooking the lagoon, it could be a very nice dining space.

But does DLP not need a location like Hurricanes? Where will all the CMs go?!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "pussinboots"Are they behind anything else at Disneyland Paris?
They appear to run most of the Disney Village restaurants: King Ludwig's Castle, Rainforest Cafe, Annette's Diner, Café Mickey and New York Style Sandwiches (taking that from the bottom of here). I didn't know about that last one, so perhaps they'll run Earl of Sandwich after all?

Is Hurricanes big enough for a restaurant? If it was operated by Groupe Flo perhaps it could share kitchens with Rainforest Cafe and have food brought up...

I can imagine a restaurant there, maybe quite possibly an Italian, maybe even called Tony's Restaurant (though it's a bit of a boring name if I say so myself), but not the Lady and the Tramp Tony's from MK. With the windows at the back overlooking the lagoon, it could be a very nice dining space.

But does DLP not need a location like Hurricanes? Where will all the CMs go?!

Interesting. Looking at that list, it seems arbitrary that they don't run the Steakhouse or Planet Hollywood. It has to be said that they don't do an awful job with these restaurants at all — barring New York Style Sandwiches — and it makes you wonder if the in-park fast food wouldn't benefit from a little outsourcing...

The Cast Members will still have their karaoke base at the Sports Bar.