Strikes, Indian Bankers and Trash Cans: a Week at DLP

Started by pussinboots, July 04, 2008, 04:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzy

Oh how I loved reading this trip report. It was exquisite.  D'you write for a living?  It was very funny, highly original and entirely entertaining.  I'm a girl who loves a bit of quirkiness and in that you've excelled yourself.  nb I'm saying that in an entirely complimentary way.   :)

Thanks for making my day with your observational gems.

Captain Pan

Again a nice report... Detailed research in to the bins, (I never noticed the differences in their set ups I've always thought a bin was a bin... but then that may be the lame theming they get in the UK) and the food services was an excellent addition... I just fell sorry for your poor waist line... it must have expanded.

I can't wait for the next one... after your next visit!

Thanks for Sharing

LilysDad

Thanks for the report - I'll be looking out for the phone in Main St. now and sharing this new part of the magic with the others in my group next week.

MinniesBestPal

The report was good, and funny! But it sounded as if you didn't enjoy most of it!

I agree, the cowboy cookout is the best (and as if you haven't heard this story enough!) My grandma is terrified of mice, and a mouse ran under the table! Sounds mean, I know, but it was hilarious when she jumped up in the middle of the restaurant screaming "A MOUSE!" and then she ran across the other side of the room, and refused to come and sit back down to eat her hotdog, even when we'd chased it away!

I don't understand! She wasn't nearly as nervous when we had dinner with Minnie at the Davy Crockett Ranch!

pussinboots

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"The report was good, and funny! But it sounded as if you didn't enjoy most of it!

I agree, the cowboy cookout is the best (and as if you haven't heard this story enough!) My grandma is terrified of mice, and a mouse ran under the table! Sounds mean, I know, but it was hilarious when she jumped up in the middle of the restaurant screaming "A MOUSE!" and then she ran across the other side of the room, and refused to come and sit back down to eat her hotdog, even when we'd chased it away!

I don't understand! She wasn't nearly as nervous when we had dinner with Minnie at the Davy Crockett Ranch!

Oh no, I enjoyed it thoroughly! Honestly. I'm just one of those people who can only enjoy themselves when there's something to whine about. Besides, it makes for a more amusing read. When that guy blew smoke in my face, all I could think was "ooh, I've got to write this down, this is gold!" But thanks, haha.

And see? You went to the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, but you didn't mention the delicious chili burgers or the live entertainment or the lovely barbecue smell that lingers throughout. You mentioned the mouse. Because it's funnier.

LilysDad

As I said I would, I shared your observations re: the rubbish bins (trash cans) with some of the others in my party, so many thanks. =D>

For anyone compiling a spotters guide, there were a couple of others you might like to check off your list:  In the studios, there's one with the studios logo/searchlights picture, and in the Moteur/Action show I spotted one that was specifically for recycling bottles  :!:

pussinboots

Quote from: "LilysDad"As I said I would, I shared your observations re: the rubbish bins (trash cans) with some of the others in my party, so many thanks. =D>

For anyone compiling a spotters guide, there were a couple of others you might like to check off your list:  In the studios, there's one with the studios logo/searchlights picture, and in the Moteur/Action show I spotted one that was specifically for recycling bottles  :!:

There is a trash can for recycling bottles? Really. I was looking for those (they are all over Disneyland and Walt Disney World), but quickly realized they don't do this in Disneyland Paris. Perhaps they are testing the waters? It does seem like they might consider this practice, especially now that failing to be environmentally friendly is a huge corporate faux-pas. Will look for this next time.

I did notice the ones with the Studios logo, but I thought they were rather boring and in the end forgot to take a picture.

And is that what we are? Trash can spotters? We should print T-shirts and organize gatherings.

LilysDad

Quote from: "pussinboots"...And is that what we are? Trash can spotters? ...

Well you made me one for the week  :oops:
I was even sad enough to notice that the ones upstairs in Billy Bob's were the same as those at the Cookout in Frontierland. :shock:   :D

pussinboots

Ooh, I found another stray trash can. I'm guessing this design used to grace the Alice in Wonderland section in Fantasyland? I wouldn't know where to place it otherwise.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alundavey/ ... 3/sizes/o/

Wendy

Wicked report - loved it so much  :D

Thanks for the inspiration for my 'seat spotter' challenge and thanks for the fun and fantastic pics - a big thumbs up  =D>
Second Star To The Right And Straight On Til Morning!

xx Wen xx

My Trip Report: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5261