Maintenance on strike

Started by Kristof, July 03, 2008, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Maintenance is on strike today and is closing / opening attractions throughout the day.  Walt Disney Studios is affected the most.  :roll:

That's all what's known for now.

Kuzco

Ow? :|

Why is that? Higher wages? Better social plan?
Hopefully this is not going to take a long time...
No touchy!

Fubar

One of the risks of putting the resort in France I suppose...

Kristof

Quote from: "Fubar"One of the risks of putting the resort in France I suppose...

That's rubbish.

Welcome to the board btw.

paul

I think the English are getting close to equalling the french when it comes to strikes... I had a letter today from Unison indicating that all Unison members will be striking in a fortnight (affecting schools, councils, etc)  :shock:

Kristof

In fact, it's all over Europe.  In the States the Unions don't have so much power.

GeoffD

yeah europe does strike...alot.

But the french do get the most reported. But the UK isn't so good either. Especially with the teachers strike closing hundreds of schools.

But yeah what are they striking over?

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"Maintenance is on strike today and is closing / opening attractions throughout the day.  Walt Disney Studios is affected the most.  :roll:

That's all what's known for now.

Well lets hope they sort it out soon, to the benefit of both sides, so that the fun can continue unhindered [-o<
I'll keep my fingers crossed, especially for those forum members who are soon to visit [-o<

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Patrick

Oh how fun, what's this the second time in less than two years?  God will they ever learn they will never get guests on their side so why bother :? .  Hopefully no parade or shows were disrupted this time.

Kristof

There's still no communication by the Union about why and how long it will take.  People on Disney Central Plaza have heard it's because 2 maintenance CM's made a major mistake in Disney's book and have been fired at once.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"People on Disney Central Plaza have heard it's because 2 maintenance CM's made a major mistake in Disney's book and have been fired at once.
Tssch... We can't know what the mistake was, but if it was bad enough to be fired immediately rather than a simple caution then it's probably quite foolish for other CMs in the department to follow them. Or, on the other hand, perhaps a manager really was too strict. IMO strikes are a dumb way to protest and very very rarely get you what you want. But I'm probably wrong.

Either way, it's bad that parts of the parks have been brought to a standstill over just a few CMs at the start of Summer. Obviously some maintenance CMs are continuing as normal or everything would be closed, so it's actually bad show on DLRP's part that they don't have a plan in place for this. Imagine you visted for just a couple of days and ToT, Crush, RNRC, POTC, etc are all closed. Awful.

Is this the only union: http://www.cfdt-disney.org/ ? We got the link when the parade was interrupted a long time ago.

JJP

Do u think the strike's will happen in september again i was there the last time they happened and the parades were off and nearly alll the rides were breaking down.
And this was my dad's first time at disneyland paris.
Im going this year with my mum and my sister my dad is not upto going with us this year were going the 15th to 20th of September does anyone think there will be strikes.

Kuzco

Strike's are usually not planned that far ahead. They just 'happen'.
No touchy!

-breeno-

Does anyone know what attractions are being affected by the strike?  I'm dreading that the likes of POTC, PM, TOT etc will be closed because of this when i go in 9  days.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

toonarmylass

matthews school is on strike 16th and 17th of this month!! just thought id say