15th Anniversary/5th Anniversary of Dlrp!

Started by Clarebelle, June 29, 2008, 06:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Quote from: "RnRCj"It's such a shame that the geysers no longer work. :( I would love to see them working again one day; I've only seen them working in videos and pictures.
Me too! I can remember when I was little going on the mark twain and waiting for the best but (the Geysers)
on my first trip back as an "adult" neither boats were operating :-(
when we went back this year I was so excited  :D/  to see them work, and I just stood there waiting and waiting ... I'm still waiting!!!!!!

Has anyone noticed the water levels in Dlrp, Lake Disney, Sleeping beauty's castle's moat and BTM all have significantly less water!!? has there been a drought or can't Disney afford thier water bill?
Also what happened to the splash on BTM
?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

RnRCj

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Has anyone noticed the water levels in Dlrp, Lake Disney, Sleeping beauty's castle's moat and BTM all have significantly less water!!? has there been a drought or can't Disney afford thier water bill?
Also what happened to the splash on BTM[/color]?

The splash on Big Thunder Mountain is something else I've never seen working. Also, there's the waterfall on Big Thunder Mountain's first lift hill - I haven't seen that working for a long time now. :?

mehdi5

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"Has anyone noticed the water levels in Dlrp, Lake Disney, Sleeping beauty's castle's moat and BTM all have significantly less water!!? has there been a drought or can't Disney afford thier water bill?
Also what happened to the splash on BTM[/color]?

The splash on Big Thunder Mountain is something else I've never seen working. Also, there's the waterfall on Big Thunder Mountain's first lift hill - I haven't seen that working for a long time now. :?
Isn't the splash effect only working in summers, i think i can remember that last year when i was on BTM in the summer the effect was working i think.

Snow_White_Girl

I like the 15th castle so much more than the 5th, far more classic, tasteful and understated imo! Although I'm guessing they did the castle up like that for the 5th to kind of coincide with The Hunchback of Notre Dame parade, make it more jester-ish?? I think the 1st anniversary makeover is a little tacky too, no offence to anyone who likes it!!

\":lamp:\"

MinniesBestPal

I was three at the 5th anniversary! The first time I'd ever been to disney, and I loved it!

But, I dont remember much about the castle, and now that I look at it, I do think it look a little tacky. Nice, especially for kids, but too many colours.

Hard to believe disneyland paris is only 3 years older than me!

Snow_White_Girl

I remember watching the opening ceremony on TV when I was 7 (I taped it but I've since lost the video :cry: ) 15 years later I never thought it would still be here, especially as lots of people had a downer on the park when it first opened. The castle makeovers have only got better with time though! :)

Javey74

Quote from: "RnRCj"It's such a shame that the geysers no longer work. :( I would love to see them working again one day; I've only seen them working in videos and pictures.
Well they were working the last time I went and the time before that.. :shock:

Mind you, the last time was Halloween 2007 and the time before that was May 2007... :)

-breeno-

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"I was three at the 5th anniversary! The first time I'd ever been to disney, and I loved it!

Me too! :P

I actually quite liked the 5th anniversary castle, was very different and went well with the Hunchback of Notre Dame theme :)  The 1st one looks kinda cool as well but i've only seen it from that pic in the link Kristof posted.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

MinniesBestPal

You're thirteen too?

-breeno-

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"You're thirteen too?

No 14 :P  Was 3 when i first went, doesn't time fly :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "javey74"
Well they were working the last time I went and the time before that.. :shock:

Mind you, the last time was Halloween 2007 and the time before that was May 2007... :)
Im jealous!! I'll have to see next time, but I doubt that they will be working in dec, but I suppose you never know?
HA anyone seem the volcano working, or the water trail at santa fe with water in recently?

Javey74

Quote from: "Clarebelle"HA anyone seem the volcano working, or the water trail at santa fe with water in recently?
Actually Clarebelle, I've been to the Santa Fe 4 times, at all different times of year, and I'm still waiting to see the volcano working aswell as the water trail.. :roll:

Clarebelle

Quote from: "javey74"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"HA anyone seem the volcano working, or the water trail at santa fe with water in recently?
Actually Clarebelle, I've been to the Santa Fe 4 times, at all different times of year, and I'm still waiting to see the volcano working aswell as the water trail.. :roll:

Have you never seen it work then?

nathan.jackson

Does anyone know where i can find pictures of the castle when they were celebrating the 1st, 5th and 10th birthday?

Apparently it was a cake for the 1st?!?!

Snow_White_Girl

Here...enjoy! :)