Tents at Disney Village

Started by denethor, June 20, 2008, 01:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denethor

Hi, just a short question, last time I was at Disneyland Paris there we're tents at the Disney Village with circ de soleil, I see on Google Earth that the tents still are there, but I cant find any info about circ de soleil being there now, so the question is, is the tents empty/removed or is there another kind of events there now?

Thx
Denethor

ford prefect

The tent is called The Dome and is used for special events and productions.

The short lived Cirque du Soleil Show was only on for a season.

It was called "O"

(Not a hidden Mickey!!!)

A shame it was taken off, since Cirque shows are fantastic pieces of theatre.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Riebi

Sorry for correction:

The show was called "crescend´o" and was not a Cirque du Soleil show. It was a show concepted by Muriel Hermine, a famous french synchronised swimming woman.

The show was in the tradition of the parisian "Cirque d'Hiver" a winter circus at paris with a big water stage in earlier years.

Here´s a pic of the former entrance to crescend´o

//http://www.edlfan.de/d5a.jpg

And here the cirque d´hiver at paris (but no water stage inside any more):

//http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Le_cirque_d'hiver_Paris_01.jpg
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ford prefect

Thank you for clearing that up for me! I always believed it was an early version of "O" now playing in Vegas.

:oops:  :oops:
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Japper

I remember that show! I saw that when I was like 10... It was really cool :)

Riebi

Quote from: "ford prefect"Thank you for clearing that up for me! I always believed it was an early version of "O" now playing in Vegas.

:oops:  :oops:

No problem! I had the same belief some years ago! Seems they haven´t made it clear at the times you could see the circus.
Maybe it´s also the cause of closing it: It was no Cirque du Soleil production.  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...