Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicks99

Quote from: froxy369 on September 07, 2015, 01:13:13 AM
I am going to Disney in October. I wondered if anybody had any advice on the practicalities of mobility scooters in the park and also if anybody knew where i could hire one. thanks

My friend hired an electric scooter from a French company and the whilst it worked, it was great! I had to push her around the park in her manual scooter and I found it very very hard. Both wheelchairs were easy to manoeuvre but it was the strain of pushing it for so long/mixed with the heat that caused the problems x

chicks99

Quote from: stifle on September 07, 2015, 09:21:44 AM
Quote from: Bear84 on September 07, 2015, 12:08:07 AM
Can anyone confirm that I'm entitled to a carer ticket for free with any annual pass and it doesn't have to be a disabled AP? (i wasn't aware they even existed) if I do need disabled one, can I change/upgrade mine when I get there?

Needs to be a disabled one. You can get it amended at the Bureau Passeport Annuel, although your carer will need to pay for a ticket if you need him/her to come with you to the BPA and that won't be able to be refunded.

Hello! This was not the case for me, not sure if it was an exception? They gave me a free
Career ticket and was allowed in whilst my friend exchanged her ticket for a DAP. I think it l depends on the person who serves you at the desk :)

stifle

Fair enough – only commenting on my friend's experience so it probably does come down to cast member's discretion.

Bear84

Quote from: stifle on September 07, 2015, 09:21:44 AM
Quote from: Bear84 on September 07, 2015, 12:08:07 AM
Can anyone confirm that I'm entitled to a carer ticket for free with any annual pass and it doesn't have to be a disabled AP? (i wasn't aware they even existed) if I do need disabled one, can I change/upgrade mine when I get there?

Needs to be a disabled one. You can get it amended at the Bureau Passeport Annuel, although your carer will need to pay for a ticket if you need him/her to come with you to the BPA and that won't be able to be refunded.

Thank you, will be no problem me popping in alone to do that and then going back out for her, glad to know I can get it amended though

Farailde

Hi everyone!

Last time I went, Phantom Manor was closed, so I'm really curious to go on this ride this time. I'm in a wheelchair, but I can stand up if necessary.
Can I access this attraction? How does it work? Do I miss a lot?

DisneyRon

Quote from: Farailde on September 27, 2015, 02:06:57 PM
Hi everyone!

Last time I went, Phantom Manor was closed, so I'm really curious to go on this ride this time. I'm in a wheelchair, but I can stand up if necessary.
Can I access this attraction? How does it work? Do I miss a lot?

Most likely, you'll enter the attraction through the exit, this way you miss the entire queue.
Which for Phantom Manor is quite a cool little experience.

twentythingamabobs

Hi Farailde, you do enter via the exit which is to the right of the main entrance and unfortunately you do miss out the entire queue. There is an alternative access door which lets you enter directly into the stretching room but unfortunately this is up quite a few stairs.

Farailde

Thanks for your fast responses!
I can do stairs if it is really necessary, but it's gonna be an exhausting day without stairs, so I rather don't do stairs (except if we would have to evacuate  :P)
Do you find the attraction still worth a try if you go in through the exit?

DisneyRon

Quote from: Farailde on September 27, 2015, 02:46:27 PM
I can do stairs if it is really necessary, but it's gonna be an exhausting day without stairs, so I rather don't do stairs (except if we would have to evacuate  :P)

The majority of the experience is the ride itself, the initial experience of the queue helps set the mood, but I wouldn't call it essential. :) You should still have a fun time, even if you missed that.

Farailde

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 27, 2015, 03:37:12 PM
Quote from: Farailde on September 27, 2015, 02:46:27 PM

The majority of the experience is the ride itself, the initial experience of the queue helps set the mood, but I wouldn't call it essential. :) You should still have a fun time, even if you missed that.

Okay thanks! :D

twentythingamabobs

Oh yeah, definitely still do the ride! DisneyRon is right, it's more of a mood setter but attraction is still fab without it.

Farailde

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on September 27, 2015, 04:09:02 PM
Oh yeah, definitely still do the ride! DisneyRon is right, it's more of a mood setter but attraction is still fab without it.

;D

nathalie

Depends, if you are able to walk/stand for a short period of time you are able to take the first disabled entrance, and you get to go straight into the "elevator".

If you can't, like people have said, go to the exit, and you can go into a chariot straight away, so you do miss the elevator sequence.

Askew80

Hi, thinking of applying for easy access pass as my son recentlynhad a severe broken leg and still going through physio and all the walking and standing will be difficult.over the 4 days. 

Question is hoe would this work fir rest of group as be 6 of us, parents and 4 children all his brother and sisters are under 9.  Would me or my wife be able to go on within and rest of group queue  in normal line? Read somewhere they will allow hos brother and sisters to join him? So then it would just be me or my wife that misses out? Thanks in advance

polar vixen

I believe they'll let you setup over: is for can go with him but he can use his pass a second time and the other family member can go with him.... I think