Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicks99

How have people found character meets and restaurant dining with a wheelchair? My friend has opted to hire an electric chair for the trip which we feel will be easier than a manual.

Thanks!

haribosmum

how is the Princess Pavillion ticketing worked with access passes?  We last came in 2014 and had the green card for daughter's mobility.  We queued at the exit and went it - is it different now there are tickets for the main queue?
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: chicks99 on August 02, 2015, 10:47:27 AM
How have people found character meets and restaurant dining with a wheelchair? My friend has opted to hire an electric chair for the trip which we feel will be easier than a manual.

Thanks!

My sons a wheelchair user and we've ever had an issue I'd just recommend you Pre-book your character meal and when you do tell them you require ground floor for dining (inventions has a stepped dining area) and you have a wheelchair user accompanying you. We've never had an issue either at cafe mickey or inventions. The characters interact as they normally do  ;D

Most places will not be a problem the only reastaurant that was was lucky nugget as they wouldn't allow my son and his friend together as they're both wheelchair users! Thought it was silly but it's the layout so we opted to eat elsewhere.

We've ate at bistro chez remy,plaza gardens, cafe mickey, inventions, Walts, planet Hollywood, rainforest cafe and king Ludwigs (last but not least it sour fav!) enjoy  :)

mrleebob

How does the access card work? My wife is in a wheelchair and will need me to assist her from her chair and onto attractions. I assume they'll allow our toddlers on with us and won't make them queue alone.  ;D

chicks99

Just got back from Disney! My friend is disabled and there were a few problems but nothing major!

There are two types of disabled card I believe. We had the green option. It was very simple to get, we popped along to the city hall, they asked a few questions and requested proof and then it was done.

They ask you about your requirements so they can decide what rides are good for you and which rides are bad. My friend wasn't allowed on Peter pans flight as she didn't meet certain requirements.

Mrleebob - our cars allowed us 4 people.

littlebitofpixiedust

They allow the disabled visitor plus 4 as maximum so no your little ones will always be with you, take blue badge or doctors letter recent though with details of the disability. As far as I'm aware green card is a permant disability orange is temporary and allows less companions.

bucksmum

Yes the orange pass only allows one companion.  Having said that I was allowed my husband and my son (6) on both occasions I had one, but both times was told it was an exception.  They wrote it on the pass.

mrleebob

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on September 03, 2015, 11:36:20 PM
They allow the disabled visitor plus 4 as maximum so no your little ones will always be with you, take blue badge or doctors letter recent though with details of the disability. As far as I'm aware green card is a permant disability orange is temporary and allows less companions.

Thanks Pixiedust!

We'll have my wife's blue badge so that shouldn't be an issue. I wonder if you have the move the car from a blue badge space if you have the blue badge with you instead of in the car...

nathalie

Can you put the bagde back after you are given the card?
'Cause if you are parked there, and they don't see the blue badge, that might be an issue.

mrleebob

That's what I was thinking. It may be a case of moving the car to a regular space outside the hotel, getting the pass and then moving the car back when we return.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: mrleebob on September 06, 2015, 09:15:39 AM
Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on September 03, 2015, 11:36:20 PM

Thanks Pixiedust!

We'll have my wife's blue badge so that shouldn't be an issue. I wonder if you have the move the car from a blue badge space if you have the blue badge with you instead of in the car...

We never have drove so that I'm unsure I would take the badge first and go back or you can call disneyland Paris themselves and ask? I know at chessington in the UK they ask me to photograph both sides of the badge on my phone and I leave it in the car but I don't know if that'd be the case at DLP!?

But as I said previously a recent doctors letter with details of disability is proof enough. We use the blue badge as we don't drive there we Eurostar but a friend of mine doesn't own a badge as she don't drive and she took a letter dated within 2months with her disabilities and they were fine  :) you've always got the badge aswell in your case so I wouldn't worry.

Bear84

Can anyone confirm that I'm entitled to a carer ticket for free with any annual pass and it doesn't have to be a disabled AP? (i wasn't aware they even existed) if I do need disabled one, can I change/upgrade mine when I get there?

froxy369

I am going to Disney in October. I wondered if anybody had any advice on the practicalities of mobility scooters in the park and also if anybody knew where i could hire one. thanks

stifle

Quote from: Bear84 on September 07, 2015, 12:08:07 AM
Can anyone confirm that I'm entitled to a carer ticket for free with any annual pass and it doesn't have to be a disabled AP? (i wasn't aware they even existed) if I do need disabled one, can I change/upgrade mine when I get there?

Needs to be a disabled one. You can get it amended at the Bureau Passeport Annuel, although your carer will need to pay for a ticket if you need him/her to come with you to the BPA and that won't be able to be refunded.

stifle

Quote from: froxy369 on September 07, 2015, 01:13:13 AM
I am going to Disney in October. I wondered if anybody had any advice on the practicalities of mobility scooters in the park and also if anybody knew where i could hire one. thanks

They are no more or less practical than manual wheelchairs, I suppose, though more at risk of getting stolen.

The park does not hire them out, though – only manual wheelchairs and buggies/strollers.