Wall-E coming to the Studios?

Started by The Butlin Boy, May 15, 2008, 08:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Below is a link to the first video of the real life Wall-E that should be going out to WDW and DCA later this year.

:arrow: http://www.vimeo.com/1014358?pg=embed&sec=1014358

Does anyone know if we can expect to see Wall-E in the Studios later this year as well? :-k

I really hope so, he looks so cool :mrgreen:

Poppy The Monkey

At the moment sadly they won't be appearing at dlrp! There isn't the budget, maybe if we all cross our fingers though - one of the American ones may be shipped over when they are finished with them in the US.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"At the moment sadly they won't be appearing at dlrp! There isn't the budget, maybe if we all cross our fingers though - one of the American ones may be shipped over when they are finished with them in the US.

This news makes me want to Cry... and now... *Sniff*... I'm upset...

Kinou

What do you expect? They did'nt even get Flash McQueen and Mater from CARS, Gisèle from Enchanted or Prince Caspian from Narnia and you expect them to have WALL-E...? :D

Shame though....
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

You do know why though?  Euro Disney wants Walt Disney Motion Pictures to pay for these adverts for new releases in the parks.  But they only seem to be willing to pay for posters...

Captain Pan

Its a shame really though...

Stranger things do happen...Look at the 80th Academy Awards, Markéta Irglová won the Oscar for Best Original Song with Glen Hansard for "Falling Slowly," in a category I thought was won by Alan Menken & Stephen Schwartz as they had Three nominations in the Category for Enchanted.

But maybe I was a bit Naive.

never2old

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Its a shame really though...

Stranger things do happen...Look at the 80th Academy Awards, Markéta Irglová won the Oscar for Best Original Song with Glen Hansard for "Falling Slowly," in a category I thought was won by Alan Menken & Stephen Schwartz as they had Three nominations in the Category for Enchanted.

But maybe I was a bit Naive.

It was shocking that Enchanted didn't win Best Song.... I was very dissapointed about that  :(

Shame about Wall-E though, that little robot is the cutest thing, I would love for them to have one in DLP!!!

Japper

Quote from: "raptor1982"You do know why though?  Euro Disney wants Walt Disney Motion Pictures to pay for these adverts for new releases in the parks.  But they only seem to be willing to pay for posters...

Well, I think that Euro Disney is right here... it is just promotion for their movie :)

Kinou

Quote from: "raptor1982"You do know why though?  Euro Disney wants Walt Disney Motion Pictures to pay for these adverts for new releases in the parks.  But they only seem to be willing to pay for posters...

And Walt Disney Motion Pictures is right! So in that logic, let's just not make any sets with Mickey, Snow White, Aladdin, Baloo or any other characters because DLRP thinks it's free adverts for the movies! That's perfectly nonsense!!

The losers here are the guests who want to meet Gisèle or WALL-E...... :roll:
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

I said new releases, not well known and established Disney characters.

It's ridiculous I know, but you also have to consider that Euro Disney has to pay the Walt Disney Co. to use all the characters, so I do think it's kinda fair they ask something in return when it involves marketing a new movie.  They charge DLRP as well for putting a trailer on the Disney DVDs...

Poppy The Monkey

A little off topic - but one of our new american actors has been approved to do Prince Caspian here at DLRP, we are just waiting to see if the full costume ever arrives!!

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"A little off topic - but one of our new american actors has been approved to do Prince Caspian here at DLRP, we are just waiting to see if the full costume ever arrives!!
A Prince Caspian character? Now that would be surprising!

I'm not holding out much hope for WALL-E at WDS. We never got Lucky the dinosaur or the Muppet Mobile Lab, only Push the YMCA-dancin' trashcan.

As for who should pay, I agree WDS Motion Pictures should foot the bill if a film hasn't been released and isn't proven (for example, what if a film is like Treasure Planet? No one wanted to even go near "Jim"!). Otherwise, say if they wanted a Giselle character now, it should be up to DLRP, because the film is already well-known and successful.

Putting a WALL-E character into the park is part of the movie's promotional campaign. Considering they're buying two just for the US, seems weird not to have one for the whole of Europe.  Where do Tokyo and Hong Kong stand on stuff like this?

Maarten

Wow, WALL-E rocks! He looks just as cute as in the trailer. After Lucky, Turtle Talk and Muppet Mobile Lab this is another succesful piece of the interactive character programme of the Imagineers. Although I am afraid we will never see him at Walt Disney Studios, I wish they would bring him over. Just made me realize how Paris' rarely/doesn't update its parks when it comes to technological aspects or characters; no Gisele, no Muppet Mobile Lab, no Lucky, no Jack Sparrow animatronic, no Phantom Manor update, likely no WALL-E. I'm glad we finally got Stitch Live some years after Turtle Talk debuted.

Please bring WALL-E and Muppet Mobile Lab to the Studios! Together with Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage and Stars & Motorcars Parade it would be the ultimate entertainment boost at the Studios next year.

Edit:

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"A little off topic - but one of our new american actors has been approved to do Prince Caspian here at DLRP, we are just waiting to see if the full costume ever arrives!!

A bit offtopic but Prince Caspian has arrived at Hong Kong Disneyland aswell. Maybe we can expect a new photolocation at the Studios similar to the one at Hong Kong?

Clarebelle

I REALLY wish WALL-E would come to Paris :-( Hes so cute!! just hope that he will still be America when we have finally saved enough to go :( + when we are 21 (drinking laws  :?: honestly )
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

littlemermaid83

Its a shame that DLP does lack somewhat in new characters around the park etc.

Lets hope Wall-E does come someday soon. He is such a cutie :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!