Launchpad McQuack

Started by PainPanic, April 12, 2008, 01:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PainPanic

Hey guys!

I have a quick question is Launchpad ever out in the parks? I know some people have tracked him down in the Disneyland hotel....but he's one guy I'd really like to meet! So any tips of where to find him!?

Also is there any more unusual characters making appearences in the parks lately? Tell me who you've seen!

PainPanic signing out for duty! :)
Remember there is **Magic** in the World

RockNRoller

On our last 3 trips Lanuchpad has been in the Hotel New York meet and greet at breakfast but I've never seen him in the park.

Watch out for the character express as it seems to carry some of the lesser seen characters around.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

dagobert

I met Launchpad McQuack (or only Quack, that's the German version of his name in DuckTales) in the Disneyland Park on Town Square, but I didn't get a picture with him.

Maybe you guys can help me too. Do you know if there is a Scrooge McDuck character out in the parks and where is the best place to meet him? He is one of my favourite Disney characters.

Nala_84

@ dagobert: A friend of mine took a photo of her husband together with Scrooge McDuck last September. It was in the Studios Park, but unfortunately I don't know the time and place :(!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

dagobert

@Nala: Thanks for the information and nice greetings to our neighbours in Germany!!

DestinationMagic

I saw scrooge on the weekend 4. - 6. april 08, he was twice on the character express..
And on Xmas 2007 I saw him standing near IASW, giving autographs.
14 - Davy Crocket Ranch
11 - Santa Fe
10 - Cheyenne
09 - Santa Fe
08 - Santa Fe
07 - Cheyenne
06 - Cheyenne
06 - Davy Crocket Ranch
01 - Sequia Lodge
00 - Newport Bay Club
00 - Sequia Lodge
97 - Newport Bay Club
94 - Sequia Lodge

Carnival_Princess_

I saw Scrooge and Launchpad last September, cant remember the exact day but we went 9th - 12th. They were running around the Studios park with Daisy and Donald. It was impossible to get an autograph or picture. Hoards of people were chasing them around and they were just running away.

Poppy The Monkey

Launchpad never appears in the parks. Only in the Hotel New York and Disneyland hotel. He hasn't been seen in the park in the past 4 years to my knowledge.

Scrooge is no longer in the studios, he does appear however often on the Character Express and sometimes randomly in Fantasyland. Ask at City Hall on the day your in the park.

Carnival_Princess_

He was in the studios last September for definate. Myself and my 3 friends all saw him.

Poppy The Monkey

Unless it was for a special event I really doubt it. There hasn't been a costume available for park appearences by Launchpad for a very long time.

Have you got any pictures??

Remco K.

Quote from: "Carnival_Princess_"IThey were running around the Studios park with Daisy and Donald.
Scrooge McDuck sure has some young legs... :P

Nala_84

Poppy, if Carnival Princess is sure she saw him, why shouldn't he have been there?!  :shock: I guess she wouldn't say it if she hadn't seen him with her own eyes  :lol:

Why don't they send out... how are their names in English, Tick, Trick and Track... I think it was Hewey, Dewey and Louie or so :mrgreen:?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Nala_84"Poppy, if Carnival Princess is sure she saw him, why shouldn't he have been there?!  :shock: I guess she wouldn't say it if she hadn't seen him with her own eyes  :lol:

Because he hasn't been out in the park for many years, believe me if he had it's be big news here! There isn't a costume for him and IF he was out I'd really like to know for sure - because it affects very much what I might do at work tomorrow.  :twisted:

swity

Quote from: "Nala_84"Why don't they send out... how are their names in English, Tick, Trick and Track... I think it was Hewey, Dewey and Louie or so :mrgreen:?

Oh yes I would love to see them aswell!!There a many characters like this...for example Daniel Düsentrieb(Gyro Gearloose) or Gustav Gans (Gladstone Gander). I guess it's just because they aren't so popular

Carnival_Princess_

Well who do you propose that I saw then?
No I didnt get a picture, but ask your bosses if he was out if you're so convinced I'm wrong.
My 3 friends saw him too, but what do we know, we dont work there  :?