Say farewell to Disney Cinema Parade...

Started by Anthony, March 31, 2008, 11:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

I won't miss this parade much either , thought it was a little dull and the comment about the performers looking bored is right . They should have had something to take over straight away though.Just watched the video of the new Pixar Play Parade at Disneys California Adventure and that is what a parade should be,lively ,energetic ,great floats and happy up beat performers !! Put the WDS to shame !! More dancers in it than I think the whole of the Studios has as CMs ! Although not everyone would be happy about all the Pixar characters ! (The vid is at http://www.laughingplace.com )

Nala_84

Bye Bye, Cinema Parade! :)

Has anyone made some pictures from the last parade? ^^

I won't miss the parade so much either... I'm looking forward to seeing the Stars & Motor Cars Parade in the future :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Malin

Quote from: "Timbo"I won't miss this parade much either , thought it was a little dull and the comment about the performers looking bored is right . They should have had something to take over straight away though.Just watched the video of the new Pixar Play Parade at Disneys California Adventure and that is what a parade should be,lively ,energetic ,great floats and happy up beat performers !! Put the WDS to shame !! More dancers in it than I think the whole of the Studios has as CMs ! Although not everyone would be happy about all the Pixar characters ! (The vid is at http://www.laughingplace.com )

Reading an article in DLRPToday it hints that the Pixar Play Pals Parade is being lined up to take over Stars and Motorcars at the Studios in the future once its run at DCA has ended. If it has all fell apart by then anyway.

TowMater

Bye DCP, Although I never seen it but I have watched videos of it and thought it was really great, Please return for just one more year so I could see it in person!  :cry:
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

andrewuk

I always enjoyed it; sad to see it go. :(  The music  :D/ was definitely the best thing about it. I'll have to watch it again on video from now on, but that's ok, we can all look forward to the new parades.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

-b-e-n-9-5-

Quote from: "andrewuk"I always enjoyed it; sad to see it go. :(  The music  :D/ was definitely the best thing about it. I'll have to watch it again on video from now on, but that's ok, we can all look forward to the new parades.

Totally agree with what you wrote, cant wait till DSAMCP comes though"

Thats disney stars and motor cars parade btw  :)
Where Magic Lives

zanderstarz

Myself and Poppy were lucky enough to see the final DCP, and although the weather looked threatening to ruin this special occasion we were lucky to only get a few spits of rain. I myself had been thinking that, yes the grooms were looking a bit bored, yes the floats are getting tatty, yes there are lots of cuts and yes the dancing leaves a lot to be desired but still, its a cute little parade and I still loved it! Buuuuuut...its last performance was brilliant!

Many of you might have noticed the many cuts made by the company to reduce costs such as the lack of roller skaters, giant Mickey gloves, dancing traffic cones, the massive fence on wheels and the (better) more complicated dance routines (especially the show stop). However, Poppy and I were pleased (if not thrilled) to see the return of the skaters, gloves and fence for the final performance. Even the Mary Poppins float had 2 new grooms (on foot) doing the original choreography. The boxes worn by 2 grooms on the Cinema float came back, even Gideon made an appearance on the Clapperboard next to Geppetto. It was a truly energetic performance and the parade will be sorely missed.

A few pics from the last DCP:

~ just like we dreamed it ~

BlueClouds

Nice to see it went out with a bang!  :D
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

toonarmylass

i will miss it i enjoyed it. our favorite time was when we went in march, matthew and i got to sit on mickeys float. he was in his element, everyone was waving as he was waving to them, he obviously thought they were raining jusgt at him, mind you some of the time they were!!!!

goofy-2000

it is sad to see it go
but like what walt disney said......
 keep moving forward

this means great to greater to greatest to even more great
i want every single goofy in the whole wide world ha ha ha

RockNRoller

Always liked that parade, glad I took the time to film it last visit.
Why wait for the new parade though, there should be something straight way especially if we're just getting something shipped over from the states.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Donald-Duck-Malta

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is bad news to hear that the cinema parade is over!:(.....Anyways i am dedicating a video of the disney cinema parade for all of you Fans who love this parade!

Cu And hope you like it!

[dailymotion:3fzwqs6n]x5gg1j[/dailymotion:3fzwqs6n]

Javey74

Quote from: "goofy-2000"it is sad to see it go
but like what walt disney said......
keep moving forward

this means great to greater to greatest to even more great
I agree, it's sad to see it go, but another thing Walt Disney said was "As long as there is imagination in the world, Disneyland will never be complete".  This can be applied to the WDS and the DCP.  New ideas lead us forward into the next round of parades.  No one parade can last forever without being superceeded  by another.  :wink:

Soap

Nice video, thanks for sharing!
You are just right Javey ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Soap"Nice video, thanks for sharing!
You are just right Javey ;)

Hehe,your welcome,its good to hear that you liked it!

Cu