The Enchanted Fireworks

Started by Kristof, March 30, 2008, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicStar

Ohhh - didn´t know!
The husband of one of my friends lived in America for two years. And he said, Disneyland plays a big role in their culture. And much of them are proud if you begin to talk about Disneyland.
 :-k
Maybe it just depends on the people and not on the nationality.
Nevertheless - its sad, that "our" Disneyland has these problems.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

experiment627

Quote from: "lil-shawn"these are bad news, the firework is really great...

I don´t understand the people in the village, thats so typicall french, all time to beef...

Folks, seriously: would you like to endure nightly fireworks? At 23:00 each night??? I know at what time I have to get out of bed - and I certainly can understand DLP's neighbours.
Sure, Disney has brought the jobs and the money... But having to deal with the noise (e.g., at times you can hear the Disneyland Railroad's whistle in Val d'Europe...) can be stressful.

Especially for little children - and those who have seen how cats and dogs panic on New Year's Eve might also understand why their owners would prefer the noiseless (even if less spectacular) fireworks shells.

Rain

Quote from: "experiment627"Especially for little children - and those who have seen how cats and dogs panic on New Year's Eve might also understand why their owners would prefer the noiseless (even if less spectacular) fireworks shells.

Absolutely. We have fireworks going off quite often in our city, and they are extremely distressing to pets - our dog is terrified of them. It also can't be very pleasant for our neighbours, having to listen to our dog barking at the noise either.
I'm all for quieter fireworks - they can still be beautiful.

Kristof

Here's our video from past weekend with the less noisy finale:

[dailymotion:3mf7k7i5]x6jpq7[/dailymotion:3mf7k7i5]

Epcot_Boy

As magical as ever  :D/

The pause still gets me.......a lovely touch  =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Japper

Good news!

From disneycentralplaza:
90000 were supposed to be delivered to DLRP but due to the olmpics in China and Fireworks Factory had to close they didnt get their delivery on time and the Huge big boxes full of fireworks exploded so less fireworks in their warehouse till the end of summer

Someone that works in the Fireworks show dept had to answered because some people on the french DLRP board wanted to write a letter to the local Mayor to complain about them to stop the noises complains .

So next summer we have a fully enchanted fireworks show again :)

Kristof

Quote from: "Japper"Good news!

From disneycentralplaza:
90000 were supposed to be delivered to DLRP but due to the olmpics in China and Fireworks Factory had to close they didnt get their delivery on time and the Huge big boxes full of fireworks exploded so less fireworks in their warehouse till the end of summer

So next summer we have a fully enchanted fireworks show again :)

I actually thought they tried to save on budget, but this reason is much better.  I didn't really buy the rumour that it was because of the neighbours.  It's not THAT loud.

QuoteSomeone that works in the Fireworks show dept had to answered because some people on the french DLRP board wanted to write a letter to the local Mayor to complain about them to stop the noises complains .

That's just HILARIOUS!!!

Nicholas-c

QuoteI actually thought they tried to save on budget, but this reason is much better.  I didn't really buy the rumour that it was because of the neighbours.  It's not THAT loud.

i couldn't hear anything in an apartment in val d'europe facing the parks

Love the fireworks tho :)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Here's a link to the same video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF7qfue-k3Y

Be sure to click "watch in high quality" for some really crisp images!  :mrgreen:

davewasbaloo

We saw them, and it was fantastic. We really enjoyed them.
since 2001 (many before that)

Malin

So now that Enchanted has finished its run for the Summer of 2008, what is the general impression of the show. Do people perfer it to Wishes and would you like to see it return next year?

MSW

I think it's not that good :(

When we went on our last night, we eventually watched the fireworks. But what I really missed were the broomsticks, the witchy and bad, red firework part, and the voices of various disney characters. I did enjoy the movie but I don't think I'm going to like these magical flame festival.

Anyways, with a Dream passport I could skip the fireworks  :D/

I see you guys enjoy it!  :)

nathalie

I tought it was wonderful!
And romantic <33  hehe

With the ending, I told my boyfriend: could have been a more bigger bang at the end.

Later that day I read somewhere, they had to change it.

I guess I'm one of the few, who'd go outside each night, and watch the fireworks, no matter what time I'd have to get up in the morning, hehe.
(probably 'cause I don't need much sleep anyways)

DanielCraig

Wishes was way better, made me cry  :oops:

All our wishes
Will
come
True

ulak

This is my video from the last week in August 2008...

This is my video from the last week in August 2008...

[youtube:87gew5tg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwg245T-_NI[/youtube:87gew5tg]

Really beautifful!  :)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]