Halloween Festival (2005)

Started by Anthony, July 11, 2005, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I guess this may as well be the "Official Topic" for the season...

I know, I know, it's only July, but they've already released some stuff for Halloween 2005!  Released today was a brand new logo for the season plus some amazing new "key visuals", you saw em here first! :lol:

In my opinion, the new key visuals look amazing!  The first one in particular with the castle at the bottom is just awesome.  The new logo I wasn't sure about at first, but it looks more professional and modern than the old logo and definately looks good when it's used well like in that main key visual.

So there you go, start the discussion!  :D

Masamune

:( It's always been my dream to go to Disneyland during October...but if I don't get a job soon, I won't be able to go! :evil: But I must go!

:) Thanks for showing the pics, they look great... ^.^ I especially like the pumpkin man...

Kristof

They look awesome!!!!!  I'm looking forward to the halloween season again!

Anthony

They've really done well creating the character of the "Pumpkin man".  Back in 2003 it seemed like a crazy idea that would never work, but in less than 3 years they've established a Paris-exclusive character that has become very important and very recogniseable.  Well done to the entertainment department for that!

Halloween is always a nice season as well because it seems to be one which everyone in the resort really enjoys.  You usually see some really nice advertising and CMs are always great.  Every department of the resort really gets into it, as shown by the amount of effort put into these visuals (in June/July as well!).  :D

Jorien

Wow, they look very good! Like the logo too!

Thanks for posting them!  :wink:

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"Halloween is always a nice season as well because it seems to be one which everyone in the resort really enjoys.  You usually see some really nice advertising and CMs are always great.  Every department of the resort really gets into it, as shown by the amount of effort put into these visuals (in June/July as well!).  :D

You've said that very well!!! That's exactly how i experienced the Halloween season last year in October!  :wink:

Anthony

News from DLP.info:

QuoteDo you still remember Gruzella, the witch that crashed into the arches over the Main Street, U.S.A., which in turn froze the Pumpkin-Men in time while painting the Main Street orange? Well, she is back! But this time she is battling it out with the Pumpkin-Men. With the help of her friends, the pink witches, she wants to get control back over the Halloween Festival and especially get rid of that orange color.

Guests are invited to choose their site in the battle between Pumpkin-Men and the Pink Witches that will take place throughout the day on Main Street, U.S.A., renamed "Rue des Frissons" ("Street of Shivers"), and in Halloweenland as both sides join the interactive streetmosphere. To help them see rigth away who is on their side, children can get their faces painted in one of the two colors for free inside the giant pumpkin found in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle. But be careful where you venture in Halloweenland with such a painted face as the lower half of Halloweenland will be controlled by the Pumpkin-Men who will once again set up their giant steel lift to transport the orange color from the depths of Big Thunder Mountain, while the upper part of Halloweenland, around the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, will be controlled by the Pink Witches which will set up their own stage next to the restaurant for live entertainment. All new music groups covering all styles from country to Hip Hop will entertain guests here - and the popular Pinata certainly will be back for children too, by the way. Centerpiece of the area will be a statue of Gruzella. Also Disney promises a special photo ooportunity featuring a memorable scene with witches' cauldrons representing the European countries.
This sounds excellent!  They're expanding the cool backstory to the festival even more, and also it seems trying to please those who don't like the Pumpkin Men - they can join the witches' side of the battle!  :D

Anthony

And here is the official press release which that information probably came from:

:arrow: http://www.disneylandparis.com/fr/press ... en2005.pdf

It's a shame they haven't bothered to translate it into English yet...  :(  And also, I know I always say this, but it'd be nice if they finally brought Halloween to WDS sometime....

This press release does confirms the two Halloween Party Nights this year though - 30th and 31st - which is great news.  :D

Masamune

:P I'd rather have pink elephants than pink witches, but it sounds great! :( Can people wish me luck on my job hunting? If I don't get a job soon, we can't go to Disneyland this October...

Anthony

Good luck!  Good luck!  Good Luck!

I was thinking of you as I passed the Cheshire Cat in the labyrinth this morning...  :wink:

Masamune

Quote from: "Baloo"Good luck!  Good luck!  Good Luck!

I was thinking of you as I passed the Cheshire Cat in the labyrinth this morning...  :wink:
:o :D Aww, that's so sweet!

:P Thanks...there's a couple of places I've found where I need to drop my CV in...once I've done that, I can sit back a little and hope for the best...

Kristof

The French Halloween 2005 website has been launched!  It looks awesome!

http://www.magichalloween.com/index.php?c=fr&l=fr

The other languages will follow soon, I guess...

Anthony

:o  :o  :o

Wooooowwww!!!  This is a million times better than last year's pathetic attempt!

All the graphics and music are great - I really like the loading paintbrush!  And the new unique URL is a good idea as well.  :D

Jorien

Wow indeed Baloo!!! This looks very good, i like it a lot!  :D
Now the only thing they have to do is release that new music i heard last year.  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"Now the only thing they have to do is release that new music i heard last year.  :wink:
Yes... I'm hoping the fact that there is currently no Halloween music available to purchase in the resort (except Halloween-Halloween on Frontierland En Musique) means we could see a new release within the next month!  Fingers crossed...  :)