Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

I was almost going to complain about some sloppy work they did on some moldings, but then I looked at the before pictures again... It's a thousand times better now. Here's hoping they continue on the rest of the castle soon!

MizzRabbit

I'm so glad it's fixed and looks so great now! I was worried that the bridge would ruin the Disney magic for all the guests.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Clarebelle

The bridge looks sooo much better now I think I might have to go back just to see it  :lol: can't wait.
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Owain

Does anyone know if theres something wrong with the bridge again? these photos were taken tuesday 5th;

never2old

I will post some pictures later (still got to upload them somewhere) but the bridge was totally closed on Monday. Sunday  you could still cross it, but the sides were all covered, by Monday morning it was all covered  :(

Tuvok

Probably another rehab for the start of New Generation Festival? The attractions inside the castle are not on the refurb list coming months, so I guess it's only the bridge they will be painting?

@ Owain and never2old: is only the bridge covered or also other parts of the caste? Thanks for posting the pictures!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

never2old

Only the bridge when I was there.

Here are some pictures from Monday:

Thedeejay

here's our pics:

Rehabs, travaux et bâches #11

You can see the tractor on the bridge.

I've heard about a foundation repair.

I will try to get new picture during the week?

luke85

I've never really thought about this before, but can guests walk under the castle bridge? Only I saw the fence in one of Owain's pictures and just wondered...

Scissorsboi

I'm relatively sure you can, or at least could at some point, if you go down to the left as you exit from La Taniere Du Dragon, it leads you around to the Wishing Well - I think it's this route which passes the Disney Sheild on the wall?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

howtodeal

Do we know how long this will take?

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I'm relatively sure you can, or at least could at some point, if you go down to the left as you exit from La Taniere Du Dragon, it leads you around to the Wishing Well - I think it's this route which passes the Disney Sheild on the wall?

Yes, you can walk down there, but the Disney family's coat of arms is located above one of the side entries, you can see exactly where here:

http://pininthemap.com/dee09b9e61de7b4a2

This is how it looks:

dagobert

Thanks for posting the picture Nicolai! I've always wanted to know where the coat of arms of the Disney Family is located at DLP's castle.
I've always thought it is on the castle above the entrance to Fantasyland, like in Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom.

So I presume that every Disney castle has the Disney Family's coat of arms on it.

luke85

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for posting the picture Nicolai! I've always wanted to know where the coat of arms of the Disney Family is located at DLP's castle.

Same! Can't wait to see it for myself during my next visit! :D

dagobert

Does someone know how long the refurbishment will take?