Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Woooohoooooo! Hope we get some pics soooon! And hope it looks wonderful new!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The bridge is finished scaffolding is coming down, should be all down by Saturday.

hehe, that's what I thought...  Press event is this weekend.  :lol:

Remco K.

Quote from: "raptor1982"hehe, that's what I thought...  Press event is this weekend.  :lol:
But didn't they rush things a bit? Or is it all part of some pretty neat planning?

I know it's possible to plan these things, but did they actually know how rotten the bridge was before they started the rehab?

-b-e-n-9-5-

Probably unless it was pointed out by a guest and it might of been an Emergency rehab or repair, at least it will be down for the wonderful press event!
Where Magic Lives

bmw1992

So have they taken down the old bridge and put in a new bridge or have they just taken it down then they are going to work on it after the press?

Riebi

Noo??!! they haven´t take down the old bridge. It was more a cosmetical problem that could be a bigger problem in the future. Nothing to rip down the whole bridge  :wink:
Here´s a dlrptoday article about what they done there:

//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/03/11/even-fairytale-bridges-need-repairs/

bmw1992

Yeah i would of found that a bit strange lol

Riebi

MinniesBestPal

Why change the castle? It looks beautiful as it is!

Owain

They havnt changed it ?
They refurbed the bridge as it was getting concrete cancer which if not taken care of wouldve come to huge consiquences. Read the pages before there pictures and photos there of it before the refurb.

Riebi

Nala_84

Thanks for the pics, this part of the bridge really looks so new and fresh now :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Javey74

The Bridge looks splendid now, looking at the pictures you would think it had just been built, it looks that new.  :D/

Well done to the renovation team involved.  =D>

Remco K.

Some parts look a bit to clean, but time will fix that. :P I must say they rehab team did a great job anyway. :D

MinniesBestPal

QuoteThey havnt changed it ?
They refurbed the bridge as it was getting concrete cancer which if not taken care of wouldve come to huge consiquences. Read the pages before there pictures and photos there of it before the refurb.

I was replying to someone else who said they should repaint the castle!

I love the bridge, but the only thing that strikes me is it looks odd because theres like a patch of fresh new concrete, and the rest looks old...