Your Disney Pin Collection

Started by Masamune, June 26, 2005, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

How would one go about getting a Service Pin off a Cast Member?

joolsc

Quote from: "Masamune"How would one go about getting a Service Pin off a Cast Member?
Not very easy you just have to let them have whatever they want. Sometimes 5 or 6 special pins to them.

Masamune

:P See, I'd happily trade more than 1 LE pin for a Gaston one. At least the Cast Member pins are available. Have you ever seen anyone in Paris trading a Gaston pin? Apart from the Thanksgiving one?

joolsc

Quote from: "Masamune":P See, I'd happily trade more than 1 LE pin for a Gaston one. At least the Cast Member pins are available. Have you ever seen anyone in Paris trading a Gaston pin? Apart from the Thanksgiving one?
No not at all. Try trading on Pin Pics.

Stitch

I would love to get into pin trading... but I know if I do... I don't be able to stop!
-Jenn@

joolsc

Quote from: "Stitch"I would love to get into pin trading... but I know if I do... I don't be able to stop!
It's all about enjoying what you do. The only thing I can advise is to get pins from Disney village pin trading outlet near Cafe Mickey, 10 no. 3 euro pins making sure you get duplicate pins and a lanyard with 4 pins on for 20 euros. Then only trade for pins that you like and not what you think are worth money. Assume that all pins are worthless and you can't go wrong. 50 euro layout can give you 2-3 days enjoyment and then you let us all know what you have traded.

I would hope that most people do it for the enjoyment but there are a some people out there for the money only.

Stitch

Hehe, you're helping my purse become much lighter.

I think I'd just be interested in the Stitch ones. Oh and Tinkerbell too... and the Little Mermaid... Ooo and the Incredibles for my boyfriend... and Buzz Lightyear... and Jessica Rabit... and a few castle ones...

... Doh! :P

:tink:  :stitch:  :mickey1:  :minnie:
-Jenn@

joolsc

Quote from: "Stitch"Hehe, you're helping my purse become much lighter.

I think I'd just be interested in the Stitch ones. Oh and Tinkerbell too... and the Little Mermaid... Ooo and the Incredibles for my boyfriend... and Buzz Lightyear... and Jessica Rabit... and a few castle ones...

... Doh! :P

:tink:  :stitch:  :mickey1:  :minnie:
You have to pin trade with an open mind or you end up buying a lot of pins say at 6 euros or 11 euros each. There are a lot of nice pins so just choose carefully and if you see something better then trade again. When are you thinking of going.

Masamune

@ jools - :( Sadly, I doubt I could ever be trusting enough to trade pins over the internet.

@ Stitch - :) It's really enjoyable! :P It's such a buzz when you trade for a pin that you absolutely love. Like jools said, you should only trade for pins that you like, that way, you can't go wrong!

fly_with_me_dumbo

joolsc- i only have about 15 :(

Lis1dragon

Hi
I'm new to the board, my son (with a bit of help) started pin trading a couple of years ago in Florida. Thanks to these message boards I found pin pics, - his small collection is on as -
lukepins

He started by collecting stitch pins.

Everyone else's collections look great - by the way!!
 :D

joolsc

Quote from: "Lis1dragon"Hi
I'm new to the board, my son (with a bit of help) started pin trading a couple of years ago in Florida. Thanks to these message boards I found pin pics, - his small collection is on as -
lukepins

He started by collecting stitch pins.

Everyone else's collections look great - by the way!!
 :D
He has got some very nice pins.

joolsc

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"joolsc- i only have about 15 :(

You are one of the rare people in the world that actually collects disney pins so it does not matter what quantity any of us have.

It is all about fun and enjoyment

Samninetysix

Quote from: "joolsc"
Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"joolsc- i only have about 15 :(

You are one of the rare people in the world that actually collects disney pins so it does not matter what quantity any of us have.

It is all about fun and enjoyment

Well said m8

Masamune

@ Fly - :) It's not about quantity, it's about owning a bunch of pins that make you happy. :P All collections have to start somewhere!

@ Lis - :D Your son has some lovely Stitch pins!