Toy Story 3 (Pixar 2010)

Started by Kristof, June 23, 2005, 12:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

I can't wait for the Toy Story short that will be shown before Cars 2 next year.

I wonder what else Lee Unkrich has up his sleeves as he said they will carry on doing stuff with the gang but not in the lines of a 4th movie.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I can't wait for the Toy Story short that will be shown before Cars 2 next year.
Oh I'd forgotten about that...

More than anything, the film is just plain clever. Every line is the best line, every frame is the best frame, every twist is more unexpected than the last. I sound like a press release but wow, when Jessie says, quite seriously, "get the tortilla!" the inventiveness is just in hyperdrive.

And though I didn't cry (found it more poignant than sad, and was possibly too awe-struck)...
[spoiler:3hi7bxrh]The incinerator scene was the only "they might die!" scene I've ever seen where, even knowing they wouldn't, I could barely breathe for the emotion.[/spoiler:3hi7bxrh]
I also just loved (and this is a MEGA spoiler, beware)...
[spoiler:3hi7bxrh]That the one thing which originally endangered Buzz and Woody is what saves them from near-death in the end. Just PERFECT![/spoiler:3hi7bxrh]
I can't get over how perfect it is. Possibly I'll still enjoy Toy Story 2 more in the future for all the Woody's Roundup fun, but I never thought my favourite film would be matched. We're so lucky Pixar got to make this film properly.

The only thing that shocked me...
[spoiler:3hi7bxrh]Was the lack of Bo Peep. I know she was thrown out, but as the minutes ticked toward the end I kept thinking... she's going to turn up now... she's going to be living at the neighbours' house or something... she'll be found at Sunnyside..... nothing. Very strange, I thought. Unless Pixar really did want to teach us about true mortality. Or this is going to be addressed in the upcoming short?[/spoiler:3hi7bxrh]

-breeno-

Quote from: "Anthony"The only thing that shocked me...
[spoiler:3urqwrgm]Was the lack of Bo Peep. I know she was thrown out, but as the minutes ticked toward the end I kept thinking... she's going to turn up now... she's going to be living at the neighbours' house or something... she'll be found at Sunnyside..... nothing. Very strange, I thought. Unless Pixar really did want to teach us about true mortality. Or this is going to be addressed in the upcoming short?[/spoiler:3urqwrgm]
[spoiler:3urqwrgm]I kinda hope she doesn't make an appearance in the short.  I was talking about this in another forum this morning.  I feel it adds to the realism and sadness of the story not having her there as it shows what can happen in the space of so many years and that only the toys that were special to Andy stayed.  Although I could see the short being about her turning up at Sunnyside, since everyone seems to be talking about her absents from the movie.[/spoiler:3urqwrgm]
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

Quote from: "-breeno-"[spoiler:3arb5pwi]I kinda hope she doesn't make an appearance in the short.  I was talking about this in another forum this morning.  I feel it adds to the realism and sadness of the story not having her there as it shows what can happen in the space of so many years and that only the toys that were special to Andy stayed.  Although I could see the short being about her turning up at Sunnyside, since everyone seems to be talking about her absents from the movie.[/spoiler:3arb5pwi]
More spoiler tags...
[spoiler:3arb5pwi]Yes, it definitely adds a lot to the film and I'm actually quite glad she didn't suddenly show up at the end, it would have been too neat and too sweet. Would have taken away the pain for Woody moving on. But he deserves his girl back at some point... maybe not immediately, but why not a few years in the future again, once he's suffered enough? Either that or meet someone new.

It all explains why the Bo Peep's Sheep game was replaced in Midway Mania, anyway![/spoiler:3arb5pwi]

DLP-Photos.com

Hmm - not jealous at all - I have to wait until the end of august to see it, when it premieres in Denmark :(

Or when does it premiere in France and do they show the original at Disney Villages Gourmont?  [-o<
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "forza_united"Hmm - not jealous at all - I have to wait until the end of august to see it, when it premieres in Denmark :(

Or when does it premiere in France and do they show the original at Disney Villages Gourmont?  [-o<

It had its Frence Premiere about 2 weeks ago, So its already out I'm assuming.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

RnRCj

It is painful reading this topic with all the positive reviews and spoiler tags. I gotta wait until next week to see it. :(

CafeFantasia

Here's a lovely Hot Wheels toy, inspired by one of the more fun scenes from the movie. I'm actually surprised Disney sell this:

[spoiler:4v3kf7hr][/spoiler:4v3kf7hr]

Anthony

It took me a few seconds to work out what that was meant to represent... scary. Maybe they're just trying to cater for the "Sids" as much as the "Andys"?

I'm surprised they're not selling -
[spoiler:f3rzqd4m]the monkey... or are they? That could be a cult hit. Walt really missed a trick by not selling "the huntsman with his axe" toys back in the day.[/spoiler:f3rzqd4m]
Sorry about the spoilers RnRCj. ;)

Pamani

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "forza_united"Hmm - not jealous at all - I have to wait until the end of august to see it, when it premieres in Denmark :(

It had its Frence Premiere about 2 weeks ago, So its already out I'm assuming.

/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2003 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2005 - David Crockett
July 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2008 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2009 - Newport Bay
July 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

HKDL]

Septemper 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

peep

It is playing at the Gaumont in the Village. Has been since the 14th. Not sure if it's in English though, we were there from the 14th till the 18th but it was so busy we didn't think it would be worth it and so I waited till Monday to see it in the UK.

Such an amazing film, loved every second of it. It's just so perfectly crafted and the journey just keeps on going, one huge emotional rollercoaster. I was hoping the green aliens would be in this and I'm more than satisfied with their contribution to the film :D

Toy Story short before Cars 2? Don't remember hearing about that, intrigued times.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Soap

Wow, i was blown away bij TS3.  :shock:
Just hits every spot as if the big men himself has meant it to be.
Tears and a little sadness at the end for me...... but thx Pixar for this piece of Magic!  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Martyn

Saw Toy Story 3 over the weekend. To put it bluntly, I've been looking forward to this for ages, I can still remember watching the first one in 1996, and I still watch it to this day (along with the second too).

As a kids animated film, definitely 10/10, but as a Toy Story film, 8/10.

It was amazing, and hilarius, especially Hamm's one liners, and spanish Buzz. However, for me, it was too sad and despressing. there were just too many sad scenes, and they shouldn't have finished the film with one, as your left to leave feeling a bit down. It should have been a funny scene at the end, showing all the toys in there new home etc.

Disney/Pixar are amazing, but it seems they're now fixed on sad films (I've heard Up is very depressing too).

Maybe its just me, I dunno. Maybe I'll go see it again....

CafeFantasia

I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet, but I agree with you Martyn. When Pixar started out, their films were primarily hilarious and uplifting. But with their recent releases (WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3) they seem more focused on creating deeper, more emotional, sadder films. They're undoubtedly making better, more thought-provoking films now, but I miss the lighter, funny Pixar of old.

All films need happy moments and sad moments. The problem is that Pixar seem determined to drag out the sad moments. They dwell on them a little too much, in my opinion. I guess it all depends what your own definition of "entertainment" is. For me, being made to feel sad isn't being entertained.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Martyn"there were just too many sad scenes, and they shouldn't have finished the film with one, as your left to leave feeling a bit down. It should have been a funny scene at the end, showing all the toys in there new home etc.

Sorry to those who still haven't seen it, but here's another one of those dreaded spoiler boxes! Just stick in there and don't give in to the temptation - it'll be more than worth it in the end ;)

[spoiler:kvfhvn9w]I see what you're saying Martyn, but I actually think that it perfectly concludes the trilogy, tying up Andy's story with a nice big bow as it were (let's face it, he's as pivotal a character in the films as Buzz, Woody and the Gang, even if you see him for a fraction of the time - these films are Andy's story too!). Having more time dedicated to seeing them at their new home in the main part of the film, I feel, would take away from this, and could lessen the effect it has (on being Andy's story, and about the character's connection with him).

But do you not think that the clips played during the credits achieve what you've said in concluding with "a funny scene at the end, showing all the toys in there new home etc"? They lift the mood completely with consistent laugh-a-second gags showing what happens to Sunnyside and Andy's/Bonnie's Toys. I don't know about the rest of you, but it was the perfect length needed for me to dry up my tears ;)[/spoiler:kvfhvn9w]

BTW. sorry to rub it in for those who haven't seen it, but I've just seen it again - and I'm ready for round 3! :P