When was your first visit?

Started by stawes, January 04, 2008, 09:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

My first visit to WDW was 1993 when i was 9.

I was a late visiter to DLRP and my first visit was 2008 but in that short space of time i have totalled up to 8 visits (including my next 2 trips)  :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

disneyfreak90

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"My first visit to WDW was 1993 when i was 9.

I was a late visiter to DLRP and my first visit was 2008 but in that short space of time i have totalled up to 8 visits (including my next 2 trips)  :D
WOW 8 visits until 2008?? thats great :D

Quark

July 1992 here - I was twelve at the time, which was probably just the right age to get hooked.

It's interesting that there aren't actually that many people on here who were there in the opening year. I would have thought there are more. And also - most of us seem to have grown up with it one way or another. Is there ANYONE who went as a parent or young couple in 1992 and still loves it?

davewasbaloo

I fall in between. I was nearly 18 when I went and loved it from the get go (but I did grow up at Walt's original park and have been obsessed my whole life). My wife however went on her very 1st trip at the age of 23 and still loves it now.

Though neither of us love it was much as we used to because they have been dumbing down the whole experience (here and in the States) for the last 10 years.
since 2001 (many before that)

smurfy74

I went for my first time the year the nautilus opened - can someone help me pinpoint the year, it was pre space mountain and post indy  i know that much :-)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "smurfy74"I went for my first time the year the nautilus opened - can someone help me pinpoint the year, it was pre space mountain and post indy  i know that much :-)

That is likely to be 1994
since 2001 (many before that)

smurfy74

thanks for the swift response- i had a break for a few years until 2007 weve then had 8 trips since, i feel glad i missed the 'bleak years'

The Helmsman

June 1992

and onwards  :wink: . Great years back then! But oh well....I'm still happy and have a positive feeling over the future.
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

Quark

I didn't go between 1995 and 2002 - that's a pretty long gap, and I still don't quite know WHY I didn't go.

But I have been toning it down a lot lately. Mostly because after having basically *lived* at WDW for a year, it's just not that special anymore. I never thought that would happen, and it actually didn't for a few years afterwards, but now it kind of has.

There's so many places I haven't been to in the world (entire continents) that Disney needs to take a backseat for a while. Of course I'll still pop into Hong Kong Disneyland again when I come past it later this year :), but for the time being I'm not building entire trips around it anymore.

I think if I had a family, I'd be hooked immediately again - I think half of the fun is seeing OTHER people enjoying it with you...

Aveen2008

My first trip was August 2006...always wanted to go since I was like olds enough to know what disney was but my parents weren't into foreign holidays or anything :(. went twice in 2007 and twice again in 2008..back for my 6th trip in september and may go again in nov or december!

trying to make up for lost time :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

luke85

First trip was with my college in 2004 when we performed at the Fantasy Festival Stage! Then I went in 2005, 2006 and 2008. I want to go again soon!

MissMinnieMouse

We've been disney fanatics for years (all started when my parents cynically ventured into florida in the late 70s and fell instantly in love) and my own first taste of disney was at WDW in 1988 when I was 3yrs old.

First visit to DLP was in August 1993 staying at the Newport Bay. We then waited 3 years (madness) to go again in 1996 (again NB). Once we'd realised that, hey, no one's stopping us going every year if we want to, we've been pretty much every year every since (staying at NB, NY, and DH).
Went to Cali Disneyland in 2001 and loved it but my heart is at DLP!

Last visit to DLP was last year, just me and my boyfriend (mum was sooooo jealous!) but going again this year with the whole family (Sept - can't wait!!).
"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world" Walt Disney

1993 - Newport Bay Club
1996 - Newport Bay Club
1998 - HNY
2000 - HNY
2002 - HNY
2004 - Disneyland Hotel
2006 - Disneyland Hotel
2008 - Paris (day trip to DLRP - not long enough!)
2009 - Disneyland Hotel
2011 - Disneyland Hotel

Tinkerbelle

I first became a disney fan... my very first memories involve disney stuff. But I became a die-hard fan after the rennaisance of Disney Animation with The Little Mermaid. Then  in 1995 when I was 15 I went to WDW having the trip as a gift (tradition for south american girls). And I fell in love with Disney parks. I bet that if i had never been a disney fan before i would have had become one after being at WDW. Everything was so neat, perfect and clean! Then I went back in 1996, and after that I couldn't travel to the US anymore.
Later in 2000 I had the opportunity in to visit Disneyland California and I loved it! Then I was hoping my then boyfriend would stand my disney fascination with the parks. We went to DLP for our honeymoon, it being for him the first visit to a disney park ever. He became a big fan just as me! I'm very lucky :P
But, I was hoping he would drag me away from disney parks and make me go on holiday to some non disney destination somewhere in the real world.... now it'll always be disney holidays for us I guess (unless we can't pay for it and have to stay at home).

So, that's not helpful for my disney obsessive-compulsive disorder lol

So, my advice is, if you feel you need treatment, don't ever marry a disney fan :P

kmara

My first visit was in the opening year, too! It was in October 1992 and I was 15 years old. It got me right from the start!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

DanielCraig

July 2007 was the first go, for 2 days only. have been there for three more times since then :)
We actually stumbled onto Disneyland by accident, we just went to Paris for couple of days and after the first day, well, i was quite dissapointed with Paris because im not into watching buildings and paintings and so onand so forth...so the second day I decided we should go and take a look at the Disneyland, i had only heard about it vaguely before and , being from Estonia (Estonians generally have EXTREMELY bad opinions about Disneyland Paris and all the other Disneylands) what i had heard of it ,wasnt good at all. But, my god, I got caught by magic as soon as I stepped in through the front gates of the Magic Kingdom...
I was 21 back then, now, in two weeks ill be 24
I wish I would live there :)

All our wishes
Will
come
True