When was your first visit?

Started by stawes, January 04, 2008, 09:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

My first Visit too Disneyland Resort Paris was in July 1998
My first Visit too Walt Disney World was in April 2001
My first visit too Disneyland Resort was in March 2007 :)
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Remco K.

My first time to DLRP was in 1992. I can't remember the exact month at the moment. The popular Dutch kids/teens show, Telekids and the Dutch Donald Duck magazine organised the Donald Duck express. They decorated a train on the outside with footprints of Donald's feet. The inside was all dressed up with lots of Donald Duck posters. You received a surprise bag with a Donald Duck comic, stickers, Sonic the Hedgehog pin (Sega was one of the sponsors) and some foot.

At one end of the train they had Disney cartoons playing, the other end was filled with Sega games. I think the ride was about 6 hours, but there was enough to do. We arrived at Meaux, and from there we took busses to the resort.

The trip was also recorded and broadcasted on TV. I also made a very little appearance on the show. :D

Donald-Duck-Malta

My first visit to DLRP was in 1995,when i was just 2 years old!Hehe!What memories..... :P

Snow_White_Girl

Can't remember the months of the first two, but

Disneyland Anaheim - 1987 (I was 2 or 3! And terrified of Mickey apparently!) Have since been 4 more times!

Walt Disney World - 1993 (when I was 8 )... Only been back once since, with my ex-boyfriend and his family in 2005.

Disneyland Paris - September 2007 at the grand age of 22! :lol: Just booked a trip back for July/August this year and can't wait already!!  :D/

\":lamp:\"

never2old

I went to Walt Disney World (just for ONE day, honestly!!! I should sue my parents!!!) back in 1985, must have been September. I remember Main Street (which felt very big) and the castle at the end. I remember we went on Snow White (and found it on a bit scary side...), and we did the submarine ride (which went under water, I loved it, I was so dissapointed when the Nautilus in Paris was nothing like it). I remember doing the Haunted Mansion. I'm sure there was a lot more but can't remember it all  :(

We also did BTM, I went with my dad and brother in the first carriage, my sister and mom where just behind us, and the first thing my dad told us was "Look, there's no driver!"  :shock:  Now none of us kids had ever been on a rollercoaster (I was eight and the eldest, my brother was 4 I think!), we didnt know what to expect, and seeing there was no one to control the thing, which started moving really fast and in a very unnatural way, we were all terrified!!! For years BTM becase the "crazy train", and I didn't go on another rollercoaster until many years later... (and it was the BTM again, this time in Paris though - and loved it so much that I did it 3 times in a row!!). Actually, if I think about it, I don't think I've been on any coasters other than the ones in Disney parks...

First time in DLP was in 1992, can't remember the month at all. We only stayed for one day... And there was almost no one there (no queues at all, god those were the days!!) so we did everything we wanted to do (which did not include any coasters...).

Ah, the memories!!!

stitch22

My first visit was in October 1992. Everything was brand new and it was so cool (I mean I was some years younger than now...). But nowadays with an age of almost 30 years it's still very cool and exciting!

Angel

My first visit was May 1992.  We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and I have visited every year since then.  Usually 3 times a year.  :lol:

Clarebelle

we went for the 5th anniversary (and my mum and dads wedding anniversary), was supposed to go back for the 10th anniversary, but I was stuck in hospital :-( finally made it back in christmas 06 with my boyfriend, and again for the 15th feb this year, hopefully christmas 15th anniversary too  :lol:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

toonarmylass

hello. my name is natalie and i would like to thankyou for welcoming me to disneylandaholics anonymouslol. i took my first breath of this addiction in may 1993. have had to have a fix every year since, but alas i think my addiction is getting worse as i have to go twice this year. if there is a cure for this particular addiction please dont tell me :P

never2old

The worst thing Natalie is that it gets worse every time.

Me too I've gone from once a year to twice to now even three times a year.

Support groups like this one help, particularly in those long periods when one's waiting for the next trip....  :D

toonarmylass

yes agree it helps to have a very good support group, you know you try to keep your addictions secret from the world but they will always come out in the end. please help me thru the bad times, i really need some help. :lol:

never2old

don't worry natalie, you are not alone!!

Flounder

My first Visit to Paris was back in 1992. Must have been June. I visited the original Disneyland in Anaheim in January 1994 and the World in Orlando in February 1994. And after that - many, many happy returns  :D/

Cheers,
Flounder

david

May 1992, i dont remember any of it specifically as i was still in a pushchair. But since then my family and i have been back almost every year and twice for a couple of years. in total i've been 21 times. but ive never been to either of the American parks as my dad thinks i'd be disappointed with it compared to the brilliance of Paris. went to DCA when it opened though

disneyfreak90

on my first time at disneyland paris i was one year old it was in 1992 any weeks after the opening of the park :D
i was so happy and i said "thank you mommy" to my mom  :)
when i was 6 we went to walt disney world florida and i really love both i can't understand why some people talk so negativ about the parks in america...
but at least i have ever been happy and since my first time we went every year to the one in paris except in the two years we went to florida because that would be to expensive :wink:

here a picture from me on my first trip to disneyland :D