Discoveryland- Autopia

Started by wonderbunder, November 19, 2007, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderbunder

Greetings from somewhere,:)

Somtehings tell me that this is gonna be very intersting..
Is this going to be closed in December until February , as I read somewhere in the forum?
Also I read that those cars has gas engine?!:))
What is then then that rail that I see in photos , under the car ?
Thanks,

Kristof

The rail are there to make sure you stay on track, you can't go driving around freely and causing accidents (as it was when the original Disneyland opened).

wonderbunder

so they are gas engine? will be opened this season?

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "wonderbunder"so they are gas engine? will be opened this season?
I believe they are gas engines but not 100%on that andAutopia is currently closed for the winter but will reopen again springtime sometime next year
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

-breeno-

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"
Quote from: "wonderbunder"so they are gas engine? will be opened this season?
I believe they are gas engines but not 100%on that andAutopia is currently closed for the winter but will reopen again springtime sometime next year

If your right then i'd guess they will change the gas engines to something like electric engines because of global-warming and everything.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anonymous

You know, this is something I've never actually been on yet.

:?

RnRCj

I suppose this is just a little :offtopic: but.....

I rode Autopia on my last visit, and I was just wondering: Is it just me or are the cars really hard to steer? :lol:

RockNRoller

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"You know, this is something I've never actually been on yet.

:?
Me neither, 9 visits in the last 7 years and it never seems to be open. Is there a better use for the space I wonder :?:
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

WDI1992

Quote from: "RockNRoller"it never seems to be open. Is there a better use for the space I wonder :?:
It used to be closed on certain periods, being quite often indeed, but Raptor pointed out that since Ford is the sponsor, Autopia will be open almost all year round. I must go on it sometime really...  :)
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

pjulie75

The rides great.  I went on a few times with my kids and they loved it - they were steering the car (they are only 4) and it was fantastic.  I think it is a Disney must and the ride should always be in the parks because it is so special and a Disney classic ride. :mickey2:

smurfy74

Rode it for the first time this September, all i can say is do it to say youve been on it and judge for yourself ( read into that what you want )

Nicholas-c

i like it! im learning to drive and its nice to have more freedom to do whatever you want!

dont bump tho... cast member told my brother off because he bashed into me (who had the slower car :( they are old petrol engines so)

i find it REALLY mean when there is grown adults in the car with children and the adults drive! its not meant for you (really) you can drive anytime!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Mr_B

Its always been a bit hit and miss as to when it's open but we've always managed to get on it at some stage on our visits - it always opens later in the mornign anyway around 11.00 or 11.30am from memory.

We always really enjoy the ride and as stated previously it is a classic Disney attraction.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

wonderbunder

Nicholas-c ... look at you...what you mean learn to drive?!:)
Anyway if this thingy is open ...can I drive standing ?:)
Looks like a great toy!

Kristof

Quotecan I drive standing

Of course not.