Annual results 2007

Started by meteor75, November 08, 2007, 10:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I've been told that a new onsite hotel is still in the talks...

Alpop

I'm sure that you guys know more than me, but...
I read somewhere that part of the original deal with the land that Eurodisney and the French government had agreed on, was to include 3 parks. Off the top of my head I think that the deadline date was 2012 (or that might be the olympic), but if this part of the deal wasn't fulfilled I read that all unused land would be reclaimed.

When I say third park, that could possibly include the water park that had been on the original concept art.

Anthony

I think the date was 2017, which is much more workable. Whether they build a water park or a full park, it's actually not that hard to believe it could be announced in about 2017, if you think what has happened since 1997 and the 5th Anniversary. I just hope they can slot in another block of new attractions before then.

How binding would that contract be now anyway? I always see it mentioned, but it was written back in 1987, I guess? A lot has happened in those 20 years, maybe the government wouldn't be so stupid as to force a third park or loss of land on them...

Quote from: "raptor1982"I've been told that a new onsite hotel is still in the talks...
Iiiinteresting!  That'd make a nice 20th anniversary present, that and the fabled World of Disney store... *still dreaming*

Alpop

Quote from: "Baloo"How binding would that contract be now anyway? I always see it mentioned, but it was written back in 1987, I guess? A lot has happened in those 20 years, maybe the government wouldn't be so stupid as to force a third park or loss of land on them...

Under normal circumstances it would'nt make sense for DLRP to rush out a 3rd park, but with the whole site becoming a fantastic resort, the unused land will be very very valuable. Think about how the "florida Project" started. They turned a swampland into a holiday resort. If the pockets of land are resold Disney wouldn't have the exclusivity.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"I've been told that a new onsite hotel is still in the talks...

You never let us down Raptor :wink:

suzie

wow this is really great news,
also I read in the newspaper yesterday that the Disney company overall has made more profit than last year, thanks to the disney channel the sportschannel and the disney theme parks
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

Soap

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

Maybe some more hints Raptor  :oops: ??
Which style? In what time spent?  :shock:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Alpop

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

Maybe some more hints Raptor  :oops: ??
Which style? In what time spent?  :shock:

Will this be an american themed hotel?
Port orleans, Tiki styled.

Japper

With on-site you don't mean a selected hotel like Dream Castle but a Disney hotel right?

Owain

Quote from: "Japper"With on-site you don't mean a selected hotel like Dream Castle but a Disney hotel right?
Yes

Japper

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Japper"With on-site you don't mean a selected hotel like Dream Castle but a Disney hotel right?
Yes

Ok , just to check  8-[

ICHAPMAN

OK - with this talk of another onsite Disney branded Hotel - does anyone know where it would sit within the existing scale of Disney Hotels?.

ie, Based on Price / Quality we currently have the scale as:

Santa Fe
Cheyenne
Seq. Lodge
New Port Bay
New York
Disneyland Hotel

Or is it too early - although I would suspect if DLRP has identified a 'need' for another branded hotel - it must have a clear idea what price bracket it's aiming for.

Thanks

Iain

Kristof

Wow everyone don't get in high gear yet!  :lol:   There are talks about adding a new hotel if attendance keeps on rising.  This is not for the coming 2 years or so.  So nothing concrete is set yet!

Flounder

Coming back to the annual results 2007 I'd like to know whether anybody has an idea of where all the visitors did come from in percentages? I do have some older stats by they seem to be out of date since they are from 2001.

Would be great if someone could help out. Many thanks :)

Cheers,
Flounder

GrandiJoos

On the official company website I found this:

Quote#1 Tourist Destination

With 14.5 million visits en 2007, Disneyland® Resort Paris is the most visited tourist destination in Europe and the top tour operator in France in terms of number of clients. In 2007, 44% of our guests were from France, 16% from the UK, 13% from Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg), 11% from Spain, 3% from Germany, 3% from Italy and 10% from the rest of the world.
I love numbers  :lol:

GrandiJoos :cool: