Annual results 2007

Started by meteor75, November 08, 2007, 10:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meteor75

Euro Disney SCA has just released its annual results for fiscal year 2007.

- Revenues increased 12% to EUR 1,220 million
- Operating margin at EUR 51 million, against a prior year loss of EUR 2 million
- Net loss reduced by over 50% to EUR 42 million
- Theme park revenues increased 14% to EUR 658.6 million
- Hotels and Disney Village revenues increased 17% to EUR 483 million
- Theme parks attendance: 14.5 million guests (compared to 12.8 last year)

The full press release here:
http://www.eurodisney.com/data/327.pdf

Alpop

I can't wait to sit and read through this tonight.
Does the initial findings sound positive?

Kristof

Well yeah.  :lol:   14.5 million guests is a record for DLRP!

Riebi

Wow great news!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

:D/ 14.5 million! 14.5 million! 14.5 million!!! :D/ They did it! 0.7 million more than when Walt Disney Studios opened even! I was hoping for maybe 14.2 or 3 at most. If Tower of Terror brings another increase, wow!

Bravo to Karl and all the team. :D

Still a scary loss of €40m overall, but this being down 50% on last year is good. Karl seems pretty determined to get a profit out of the place:

"We look forward to continuing the celebration in fiscal year 2008 with the introduction of The Twilight ZoneTower of Terror attraction and Stitch Live; new experiences which only Disney can provide.

In 2008, we will continue to execute our growth strategy and remain focused on driving this business toward profitability."

Alpop

Latest stock price is .10 euros.
Good financial report means positive trend in stock.

YAY

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic news :)  =D> And as Baloo said, imagine the figures after the TOT and Stitch's openings :D

RnRCj

That's really great news! I wondered if "14.5 million" attendance was good at first but then I read the comparison :lol:

Good job Karl and everybody else involved!

anthony2k6

so the debt increase by an extra 40mil ? thats not good really is it?  :?

Nicholas-c

cool! (how much profit have they made tho ? they built lots of stuff this year)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

WDI1992

This can only be concluded as a positive trend, showing increasing visitors and profits, and decreasing debts... a very very good job DLRP! If they can keep this continuing, I see a great future for DLRP...  :lol: Yes!!
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

penfold12

I remember reading a few years ago that the resort needed roughly 14 million guests per year to break even.

Looks like inflation has caught up. 1.7 million up on last year, and have reduced the loss by 50%.

So crude calculations would mean its near 16 million guests per year to make profit?

These are some figures from the TEA/ERA Themepark Attendance Report

TOP 25 AMUSEMENT/THEME PARKS WORLDWIDE (2006)
Rank 2006 Park & Location Attendance
1 MAGIC KINGDOM at Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA 16,640,000
2 DISNEYLAND, Anaheim, California, USA 14,730,000
3 TOKYO DISNEYLAND, Tokyo, Japan 12,900,000
4 TOKYO DISNEY SEA, Tokyo, Japan 12,100,000
5 DISNEYLAND PARIS, Marne-La-Vallee, France 10,600,000
6 EPCOT at Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA 10,460,000
7 DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS THEME PARK at Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA 9,100,000
8 DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM at Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA 8,910,000
9 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN, Osaka, Japan 8,500,000
10 EVERLAND, Kyonggi-Do, South Korea 7,500,000
11+ UNIVERSAL STUDIOS at Universal Orlando, Florida 6,000,000
11+ BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH, England 6,000,000
13 DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE, Anaheim, California, USA 5,950,000
14 SEAWORLD FLORIDA, Orlando, Florida, USA 5,740,000
15 LOTTE WORLD, Seoul, South Korea 5,500,000
16 YOKOHAMA HAKKEIJIMA SEA PARADISE, Yokohama, Japan 5,400,000
17 ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE at Universal Orlando, Orlando, Florida, USA 5,300,000
18 HONG KONG DISNEYLAND, Hong Kong, SAR, China 5,200,000
19 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD, Universal City, California, USA 4,700,000
20 TIVOLI GARDENS, Copenhagen, Denmark 4,396,000
21 OCEAN PARK, Hong Kong, China 4,380,000
22 BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA BAY, Tampa Bay, Florida, USA 4,360,000
23 SEAWORLD CALIFORNIA, San Diego, California, USA 4,260,000
24 EUROPA-PARK, Rust, Germany 3,950,000
25 NAGASHIMA SPA LAND, Kuwana, Japan 3,910,000

Japper

Only this part doesn't sound that good:

"For fiscal year 2008, if compliance with financial performance covenants cannot be achieved through increased revenues, the Group will have to appropriately reduce operating costs, curtail a portion of planned capital
expenditures (outside those contained in the Group's multi-year investment program) and/or seek assistance from TWDC or other parties as permitted under the loan agreements. Although no assurances can be given, the Group
currently believes that it will meet its financial performance covenants in fiscal year 2008 through increased revenues and continued cost containment, without the need for any of the additional measures referred to above."

:s

Alpop

I wouldn't be worrying about that.

Think about how much money they must have spent building the toon studio attractions and theming the Studios, yet they are still making a positive step towards profitability.

I have a strong feeling that with in the next couple of years it'll all be sorted out, and the DLRP will be running at a profit. This is when they can start looking at a third park (maybe?)

Anthony

Quote from: "Alpop"This is when they can start looking at a third park (maybe?)
No, I hope not!!  DLRP seemed to be doing alright, getting into its stride, up until 1999 when they got over confident and announced WDS - then it all went down hill. They had to cut costs at DLP and WDS turned out so undercooked.

If they reach a profit, they should ride gently on that wave with more single new attractions, keep it gradual and really fill up the parks they have. When you consider the attendance Tokyo can get with just two parks, there's no need to build a third to increase it again. That's if I ran EDSCA anyway, which luckily I don't. :lol:

A new hotel is probably more likely looking at their occupancy growth, and maybe Disney Village improvements at the same time. You can always dream. :wink: