DLR / WDW | The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2007, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alka1

A nighttime look at the building  :thumbs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andycastro/5745775068/

davewasbaloo

WOW!  Thanks Alka. I always think the parks look their best lit up at night. There is no exception with this one. As per usual, it too is even prettier at night.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Thanks for the picture, Alka1. The building looks really amazing when illuminated. That's a "real" Disney attraction.

davewasbaloo

It is so lovely, it looks like it could be a Tivoli or Efteling!

dagobert

The building is full of details and the theming is really great. It would fit perfectly at the entrance of Tivoli. Do we know which Imagineer is responsible for that. They should send him over to Paris to get rid of TSPL.

Josh

After watching World of Colour, that would be a great thing to turn around and see.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ulak

Magical, Wonderful and so much Disney! This i want in DLP!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

alka1

It really is quite beautiful, here's a look at some of the other details

Embedded seashells in the concrete resemble beach sand

Sea urchins and more

And here's a closer look at the archway with the clamshells riding past the hand-painted mural

All pictures by Dateline Disneyland @ MiceChat

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures! The building looks so great and makes TSPL even more ridiculous.

I really wish DLRP would get such an attraction. The last attraction of that scale was TOT.

davewasbaloo

Dagobert, some interesting things are afoot in Fantasyland right now, I am awaiting further info...

dagobert

Dave, are you talking about the Fantasyland in Paris? Can't wait to hear more!

davewasbaloo

Yep :)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Yep :)

Since you used a smiley in your post, it seems to be very exciting!

davewasbaloo

Don't get your hopes up too high. WDI are sniffing around (not the Small World post show area), and last time they did there was action near where Splash Mountain was planned, we got Woody's Roundup instead. So I am trying not to get my hopes too high, but there were potential blue sky plans. Fingers crossed here.

dagobert

As long as there is no official confirmation about anything, or at least some kind of construction, I don't get my hope too high. Even Ratatouille isn't still confirmed.

Due to the bad financial situation I don't expect anything. There were also blueprints and concept arts of the Indiana Jones Adventure and it wasn't built.