DLR / WDW | The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2007, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

How is everyone enjoying Toystory Playland? Lol.

This is looking very good. Though I am not a huge fan of the source material, this does look very high caliber indeed.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Here's the attraction poster:

I like how the poster looks.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ky-cellar/

lil-shawn

The Walls are down.... It looks realy great...

davewasbaloo

Shame World of Colour has ruined the lagoon though.

CafeFantasia

Yeah, what's up with that? I thought the World of Colour rig was motorised so that it could be lowered (hidden) throughout the day, then raised at night for the show. Leaving it up all day makes the lagoon look like it's full of litter. Not the most attractive sight.

davewasbaloo

It was designed that way, but the mechanisms were damaged in an earthquake and therefore I believe it is up all the time.

Columbiad

I wonder why the dome-thing (forgive me, I dont know what its called!) is a differant colour scheme. Now it neither looks like the original monument, or blend in with the 'Mermaid building colour scheme.

CafeFantasia

The dome thing is a reproduction of the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. But as you said, with its new colour scheme, it's no longer an accurate representation.

davewasbaloo

As a native San Franciscan, it does make me sad....

lil-shawn

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It was designed that way, but the mechanisms were damaged in an earthquake and therefore I believe it is up all the time.

Uhm i saw pics from the last few days and it was lowered. i think the mechanism works but maybe they had it up because of some cleaning or something else. donĀ“t know!!

Here is a pic of the sign....

alka1

Quote from: "Alan"Yeah, what's up with that? I thought the World of Colour rig was motorised so that it could be lowered (hidden) throughout the day, then raised at night for the show. Leaving it up all day makes the lagoon look like it's full of litter. Not the most attractive sight.

That picture was taken early in the morning while the park was still closed. The platforms are submerged during the day when the park is open, there was no permanent earthquake damage.

They are raised out of the water when the park is closed to perform maintenance, as you see in the picture above.

Here's a recent picture of the bay with the platforms at hidden level -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdhilger/5599952312/

alka1

Quote from: "Columbiad"I wonder why the dome-thing (forgive me, I dont know what its called!) is a differant colour scheme. Now it neither looks like the original monument, or blend in with the 'Mermaid building colour scheme.

The new color scheme complements the main attraction building. It has a different color than the rest of the building because it acts as the main entrance to the ride.

It may not look that way in the pictures, but the colors make the rotunda stand out as the entrance and also complements the tones/colors of the main building.

davewasbaloo

awesome news, that pic with it submerged is great. Glad to hear the earthquake damage wasn't long lasting.

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures and informations. The building looks fantastic.

lil-shawn

Here is an Update from the DCA makeover/expansion
Now you can see the deteils ct. from the mermaid building.. I realy love it, looks just grgeous...
//http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2011/05/ariel-fully-revealed.html