Empire's Top 20 Pixar Characters

Started by Anthony, October 15, 2007, 09:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Spotted this on Upcoming Pixar blog. In honour of Pixar's 20th and Ratatouille, Empire polled readers on their top 20 Pixar characters and announced the results today...

http://www.empireonline.com/features/pi ... ?NID=21258

No prizes for guessing who got top spot. Rex is placed a little high though, don't you think?

Owain

Woodys my favourite but buzz is my second favourite.

Least they came 1st and 3rd  :D

Patrick

What was Bugs life doing on there, who actually likes or remembers a Bug's life.  Surprised the Little Green men were not rated higher, after all they are much more memorable than Rex :lol: .  Also I don't see how Mike beats Woody, but then again Woody is my favourite pixar character so :P .

DisneyAlba

Heh, well, at least my favourites made it onto the list: Buzz and Guido!  :D  And I must admit I love the Little Green Men, too. And Edna Mode. And... Oh, there's just too many. ;)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

RnRCj

I wasn't surprised when I saw who was first :P I think some characters don't deserve to be on the list though :?

Owain

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"but then again Woody is my favourite pixar character so :P .
Same here pat, Woodys the best !  :)

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"Heh, well, at least my favourites made it onto the list: Buzz and Guido!  :D  And I must admit I love the Little Green Men, too. And Edna Mode. And... Oh, there's just too many. ;)
Edna has to be on there !  :P
" Edna Modee  *gun comes out* ..... And guest ! "
" Darling "

Disneyana

wasn't surprised that Buzz is first. But where is my favourite Jessie ?!  :shock:  She should have been in the list. I think some characters really are wrong placed in the list. Why is Heimlich in it ?!  :shock:  He truly isn't a great character to remember.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

Quote from: "Disneyana"But where is my favourite Jessie ?!  :shock:  
Hey, you have a point Disneyana! And magicforum-favourite Bullseye!! :x

I don't think Frozone (world's dullest character despite having cool powers) or Jack-Jack (bleh he's a baby) really deserved a mention.

Maybe we should do our own Top 5 or something?

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Baloo"Maybe we should do our own Top 5 or something?

Hehe, you already know my four favourites; see my post above, in that order too. Add Woody to make a top 5. ;)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

EmoK

Bruce should have been so much higher than 13th!
I love Bruce!
ha :D

[/url]

Masamune

:lol: My basic opinion about each character's ranking in the top 10 (I can't be bothered doing 20 comments) is as follows.

1. Buzz - I'm not surprised he's at number 1.
2. Mike - o-o; He should be lower. He's good, but not THAT good.
3. Dory - =D Dory totally deserves to be rated highly.
4. Woody - Again, not surprised he was rated high.
5. Rex - O-o; He wouldn't have even been in my top 10.
6. Edna - Wouldn't have put her that high either.
7. Sulley - 7 seems about right for him.
8. Mr Incredible - I actually would've thought he would be more popular than Rex or Edna.
9. Mr Potato Head - Would've put him lower, but not by much.
10. Green Aliens - ^_^ I'm pleased they made it into the top 10!

:P And now here's my top 10.

1. Bruce
2. Green Army Men
3. Hopper
4. Squeaky Toy Aliens
5. Buzz
6. Dory
7. Gill
8. Boo
9. Woody
10. The Seagulls

:) I've not seen Cars or Ratatouille yet, which is why no characters from those films are in it. There's no Incredibles characters because that's my least fave Disney/Pixar film, and most characters in it annoy the Hell out of me.

Grumpphil

In our house Sully and the green aliens are top.  DD was thrilled when she saw so much Alien merchandising in Discoveryland.

Then again we obivously have different tastes to most as none of us thought much of Finding Nemo (probably shoudln't admit it on here but we prefered A Shark's Tale) but we do like Bugs Life.

My top ten would consist mainly of Toy Story characters with Mr Potato Head beign very close ot the top.

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Masamune"

:P And now here's my top 10.

1. Bruce
2. Green Army Men
3. Hopper
4. Squeaky Toy Aliens
5. Buzz
6. Dory
7. Gill
8. Boo
9. Woody
10. The Seagulls

I would put the Seagulls at No1! Completly love them!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Disneyana

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Disneyana"But where is my favourite Jessie ?!  :shock:  
Hey, you have a point Disneyana! And magicforum-favourite Bullseye!! :x

I don't think Frozone (world's dullest character despite having cool powers) or Jack-Jack (bleh he's a baby) really deserved a mention.

Maybe we should do our own Top 5 or something?

yes you're so right. I really thought the whole Roundup Gang except of stinky Pete would be in the top list. And I too don't understand why Jack Jack is in the list. There are so many who are not right placed. Who voted for hamm or Tuck and Roll ?!  :shock:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Soap

Well it's just the general opinion ;)
Some i do find odd, and in some i can agree. Isn't that always with such lists  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney