Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msRavenswood

Yesterday it was the CMs' previews and from the reports I've read it is a spectacular ride! It's in 4D, which makes it even more awesome!

msRavenswood

That's it guys! Here's the first on ride video of DLP's new gem! Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/mz8RQUI_eSc

Rocketeer

I gave it a partial watch as I want to fully experience it in person. Looks like they've done a great job, although its perhaps more reliant on projections than I was expecting.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 21, 2014, 08:51:32 PM
Looks like they've done a great job, although its perhaps more reliant on projections than I was expecting.

These were my thoughts exactly, but it will definitely be a lot more different when seen in person. As with everything in 3D it can't be properly experienced unless we see it live!

SGregory27

looks great can't wait to ride this in Feb.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

gingajen

Judging by the photo's on DLRP Today, the whole area looks just beautiful! The theming looks better than any I've seen for a long, long time. The restaurant looks amazing, as does the menu. I am so excited to go in February next year! I only hope they have thought about how to ensure the exterior remains looking as pretty in Winter as it does in Summer!

Sulley's Arms

I've been expecting a ride similar in nature to the trackless Winnie The Pooh ride (in Tokyo?), which looks immensely good fun, and quite different each time you ride - this footage appears to suggest it is mostly the same, with only minor differences based on which ratmobile you are in.

Still, that said, I wish I could have gone to next week's shareholders pre-opening, LOL!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

vampira

This looks great! Can't wait to experience it in person! :D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

msRavenswood

I can't help it but rant when I see people already commenting negatively about the ride without seeing it in person! How can you tell when all you've seen is a POV video? By the way, it's not about comments made by people here, I saw them on FB this morning and they made me furious!

Rocketeer

^That's the problem with the 'net these days. Some (not all) make an instant judgement based on usually poor quality videos. Now sometimes they can be right, if you look at some of the elements used (especially if you're a park regular) you can gauge how it would be in real life, but there is still something about experiencing it in person that makes the world of difference. Even any of the Disneyland classics don't look their best on poor video.

I'm not saying that everyone is wrong, and certainly not from the comments in this thread, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

I'll admit I've done it myself, just the other day, I declared that the Hogwarts Express was underwhelming. I'm sure in person its much better.

As for Ratatouille, from what I've seen it doesn't look that bad, a decent attraction that is certainly a welcome addition to WDS, if not Disneyland Paris itself.

Sure, as a fan, I could suggest tweaks here and there, but I certainly wouldn't call it a disappointment.
Perhaps some just expect too much these days?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

Well said Rocketeer! The thing is they are comparing it with rides such as The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey and claim that after all these years of waiting and how much technology has advanced, Ratatouille falls short of what had been expected. And, again, all this just by watching a POV video!  ???

Samninetysix

I personally think it looks great. It's hard to tell from that video but to me it has lots of elements in it from other rides - Can't wait!! :)

orangarnold

Quote from: msRavenswood on June 22, 2014, 12:08:05 PM
Well said Rocketeer! The thing is they are comparing it with rides such as The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey and claim that after all these years of waiting and how much technology has advanced, Ratatouille falls short of what had been expected. And, again, all this just by watching a POV video!  ???

To compare Spidey with this is (forgive the pun) is like comparing chalk to cheese. Two different rides with two different target audiences

Princessjo

Although I am super excited to see the new ride I'm going to be good and not watch any spoilers so on the 10th of July ill be going in with the pure excitement that we finally have a new ride!  :)
Give a little whistle

Andybear

Quote from: Princessjo on June 22, 2014, 03:26:20 PM
Although I am super excited to see the new ride I'm going to be good and not watch any spoilers so on the 10th of July ill be going in with the pure excitement that we finally have a new ride!  :)

Same here - though in my case it'll be 14th September :) :)