Favourite Disney song and why?

Started by PetiteSirene, September 30, 2007, 03:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetiteSirene

I dont know about you guys but I love the songs from Disney films and I am curious what peoples favourite songs are and why.

My favourite song is Part of that World from the Little Mermaid.

The reason is because sometimes I feel just like her, wanting something that seems out of reach but wanting to be a part of it. I can tell you now...

One day I'll be part of that world :D

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Anonymous

I love Paige O'Hara's voice - I wonder why? - and I have an amazing version of Beauty and the Beast by her.

I really love the music from Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and The Lion King though.

Really like most Disney music though for that matter, and usually have Disney compilations playing in the car.

PetiteSirene

I managed to leave all my Disney collection music in England when I moved over to Belgium, need to get my family to bring it over in December so I can go through all my fav tunes :)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

tubbsy

I have so many.
I love A Whole New World and Tell Everybody I'm on My Way from Brother Bear the most and (dare I admit this?) Beauty and the Beast.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

PetiteSirene

Ooooo Sam, you dared to admit it :D *wonders what Prince will say*

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

Anonymous

Have you heard the Paige O'Hara version on my MySpace page?

:D

treble

i have so many i don't think i could pick just one :shock:
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

clarabella

Anything sung by Lea Salonga... A Whole New World, Reflection, Journey to the Past.... she has one of the most purest voices ever, very well suited to Disney. Could listen to her sing all day everyday!!

SMCD

Well, Its hard to pick a few, but some favorites are Under the Sea, A Star is Born, A Whole New World, I just can't wait to be king, When You Wish upon a Star, and many more.

Disneyana

I just love all the Disney songs and it's so difficult to choose my favs. I love the Mary Poppins songs a lot and the song Woody's Roundup. but there are so many others. Some more favs are Part of that World, Colours of the Wind, A whole new World, Little Mr Roo, second Star to the right and so many more. I really love so many songs and I almost have all Disney songs within my CD collection. Oh and I love the songs from Pete's dragon too. I just love them all.  :lol:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

RnRCj

I love all the songs in The Lion King, my favourite being "I Just Can't Wait To Be King".

I also like the songs from The Little Mermaid. My favourite in that film is "Kiss The Girl" :D

Masamune

:o My fave Disney song has always been When You Wish Upon A Star...I think it's a beautiful song, with lovely lyrics...and it's just one of those songs that always touches me everytime I hear it. :)

:P Gotta give a special mention to I'm Odd though. That's a brilliant song, and I so wish it would've made it into Alice in Wonderlans.

Javey74

Mine is actually from 'Mulan', the song is "Reflection".

I find it has a beautiful melodic value, and the lyrics are sung so sincerely.  There is a lot of emotion and feeling within the whole song.  It has been cleverly written in both melody, lyrics and arrangement.

We've even had a version sung by Christina Aguilera, which tests even her vocal range.

Yes.....so that's mine :wink:

PetiteSirene

I must say I do prefer the one in the film to the one sung by Christina Aguilera, but thats because I dont really like the was she sings it :S.

I love the lyrics, its one of the songs I really could relate to a few years ago.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

PetiteSirene

I must say I do prefer the one in the film to the one sung by Christina Aguilera, but thats because I dont really like the was she sings it :S.

I love the lyrics, its one of the songs I really could relate to a few years ago.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia