Theatre District placemaking (Future)

Started by Kristof, September 27, 2007, 07:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "penfold12"lets hope not Baloo, otherwise MGM are stuck with that hat, and we don't get a Hollywood iconic building

There are more Hollywood iconic buildings to choose from, so don't worry.  :)

On a side note; did anyone notice that Parque Warner Madrid contains a replica of Gaumann's Chinese Theatre aswell?

Anthony

Nope, I never knew that! It looks a bit cheap to be honest...

Certainly another reason to give it a miss then.

Anyone know of another famous Hollywood theater?

Eduk

I think there is another famous cinema on the same street - the Egyptian - whihc is owned by disney.
Ed & David
Live the dream

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Nope, I never knew that! It looks a bit cheap to be honest...

Indeed, one can clearly see the Disney Difference when you compare it to the Disney's Hollywood Studios version.  :wink:

Anthony

Beyond CinéMagique, I'm actually quite interested to see what they do with the Disney Channel Building. Of the original WDS buildings in the main part of the park, it's probably the nicest. And, with them already changing it slightly for Stitch... what changes will they make to turn it into "Hollywood"? Plonk a facade down a few metres in front of it?

This is the one thing I can't think of a solution for.

Quote from: "Maarten"the Disney's Hollywood Studios version.
You know, I wish someone could come up with a scientific explanation why people (mainly US fans) still call DLRP "eurodisney" and WDS "disney studios paris, DSP", yet everyone has already switched instantly to "DHS". :lol:

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"Beyond CinéMagique, I'm actually quite interested to see what they do with the Disney Channel Building. Of the original WDS buildings in the main part of the park, it's probably the nicest. And, with them already changing it slightly for Stitch... what changes will they make to turn it into "Hollywood"? Plonk a facade down a few metres in front of it?

This is the one thing I can't think of a solution for.

Quote from: "Maarten"the Disney's Hollywood Studios version.
You know, I wish someone could come up with a scientific explanation why people (mainly US fans) still call DLRP "eurodisney" and WDS "disney studios paris, DSP", yet everyone has already switched instantly to "DHS". :lol:
:P My guess is they want to keep there american resorts unique. As in "Walt Disney" studios, and "Disneyland Resort" Paris.
Just my guess  :lol:

Riebi

Are there any buidings confirmed for the placemaking or just blue sky?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

disneymadchris

Quote from: "Riebi"Are there any buidings confirmed for the placemaking or just blue sky?

I have been wondering this also. Baloo, do you have any ideas or plans of what the new area could look like?

Kristof

Lol, I don't think Baloo has those.

disneymadchris

Quote from: "raptor1982"Lol, I don't think Baloo has those.

I know he doesn't have the actual plans but has he heard rumours of what may be put here?

Maarten

Quote from: "disneymadchris"

I know he doesn't have the actual plans but has he heard rumours of what may be put here?

Or Raptor, does Blue Bird have any idea?  :wink:

Anthony

Damn, I could have had a chance to put my artistic skills into practice: Red car trolley here, new boutique there... :wink:

Kristof

QuoteDamn, I could have had a chance to put my artistic skills into practice: Red car trolley here, new boutique there.

:lol:  Well you already did that WDS plan a few months ago in the Imagineering board, which was great anyway.

Whoknew?

i like the idea from baloos map of the wds in 2017 where he placed a building in the center of production courtyard. A square building might be to sterile, but putting a new building there would add atmosphere to the park due to unability to overview the whole park from one spot ;) I hope something like this is planned for that area.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Sounds good