Captain EO

Started by Parkfisch, September 07, 2007, 01:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkfisch

"Captain EO" was a 3D movie made for Disney. In Disneyland Resort Paris it was located at the "Honey, I shrunk the Audience" building from 1992 to 1998 and now I found the complete movie here ( devided in two parts ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3veG6quFUEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7JO5kQX ... ed&search=
Enjoy !
 :wink:

Soap

Sigh......i miss it SO much  :( !! MJ was great in this movie and the music off course fantastic! They should bring it back in business....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Flounder

AFAIK there's also a DVD floating around of this "movie" ... maybe anyone has this? There's also a lot of fan made stuff available.

Parkfisch

Quote from: "Flounder"AFAIK there's also a DVD floating around of this "movie"

Including 3D glasses ?  :D
Where is it ! Give it to me !  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Enjoyed watching the EO vid again, brought back some smiley moments

Ta for the Vid =D>

Epcot_Boy  :peter:

David

Flounder

Quote from: "Parkfisch"

Nope, just in 2D with no glasses :( For the movie - just check your inbox ;)

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "Flounder"
Quote from: "Parkfisch"

Nope, just in 2D with no glasses :( For the movie - just check your inbox ;)
Well, I only would like to see the movie, WITH the glasses

MinnieMouse

I love Capitain EO so much, feel very sad if they make HISTA for it :-(

Alexandra

Riebi

Captain EO was wonderful! This "Spider"-Queen was soooo cool and scary!!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

experiment627

Ah well... I miss the 1980's Michael Jackson - it's so easy to forget nowadays how awesome his work was back then...

That said, I was a bit surprised to see that the movie has not aged as well as I remembered. (The effects remind me of some early MTV music videos... and not in the best way...)

All in all, I think it was not the biggest loss that they retired this movie... Though it was great seeing it again on youtube!

Riebi

Yes the effects are now a bit aged. I love the new effects of HISTA but I must say I didn´t like the story much of it. Would love something new with the spirit of captain EO and new effects.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Soap

Quote from: "Riebi"Yes the effects are now a bit aged. I love the new effects of HISTA but I must say I didn´t like the story much of it. Would love something new with the spirit of captain EO and new effects.

Exactly my feeling, they should think about an EO part 2! Or at least same quality, feeling but maybe a new big guy as lead?????
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

PeterPaan

I miss captain Eo! It was so much better than HISTA...  :(

Kristof

QuoteExactly my feeling, they should think about an EO part 2! Or at least same quality, feeling but maybe a new big guy as lead?????

That would be a fun topic for the Imagineering board?!  "Imagineer Captain EO - the Sequel".   :D

pjulie75

I loved Captain EO and Michael Jackson but will his bad publicity over the years, I don't really think they could bring it back. :cry:   Thoroughly enjoyed it at the time but I think everything has it day, we need something fresh but I still love 3D. :D