Star Tours enhancement/upgrade (EEP)

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2005, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monksbain

QuoteIn my opinion Discoveryland was ruined in 2005 with the addition of Buzz Lightyear. I know many will disagree, but that ride shouldn't be there. It is a nice attraction and I also enjoy it, but WDI should have put it into WDSP.

A Star Wars mini land would be nice, because that area behind SM feels like a dead zone.

I agree the Buzz Lightyear ride is out of place with the rest of Discoveryland and took some of that Victorian/Steampunk feel out of the land. The space behind SM is a dead space and when I visited Pizza Planet earlier this month it was quite shabby looking.

It would be nice to finally have the Little Mermaid dark ride but with the building of Ratatouille right now I doubt it will happen in the forseeable future.

Patrick89

Quote from: "Monksbain"It would be nice to finally have the Little Mermaid dark ride but with the building of Ratatouille right now I doubt it will happen in the forseeable future.

But that would be a Fantasyland ride...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

ICHAPMAN

Hi,

This rumour seems to have exploded today.  It's been covered on various IT/Technology websites (most as if it's fact):.

The Register: Star Wars set to expand into Disneyland
//http://www.reghardware.com/2012/04/30/star_wars_set_to_expand_disneyland_paris/

Techrader: One More Thing: Star Wars Land
//http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/one-more-thing-star-wars-land-1078200

Slashfilm: Star Wars Land Rumoured to Open in Disneyland Paris in 2015
//http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-land-rumored-open-disneyland-paris-2015/

Iain

DisneyDonna

I think it's a great idea! Right now, Star Tours is hidden behind the Space Mountain and with Captain EO closed, not a lot of people where at that area last time I went. Also the Star Tours entrance is really hard to find, lol.

But because Star Tours is so hidden behind the Space Mountain, a Star Wars land would not really interfere with the current Jules Verne theme.

mikec

Star Tours 2 would be great for the park.

Josh

I wonder how they would localise it. Is there a similar amount of dialogue to the old ride?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

justjes

Great news, I´ve done the (one of the rides) ride in Orlando and it's really good.

DisneyObsessive

So here is my experiance from a recent trip to DLP

I was waiting for my wife and little girl outside a toilet in WDS (I know they are there if you look for them) and one of the market research cast members spotted me and came over for a chat.  I don't think I was in the group he was looking for but after me telling him this was by far not my first trip he then offered some inside information.  "See that crane down there" he said.  "what the one to build Ratatouille?" I said. "Oh you've read about that.  We did the research on what people want to see in a resturant for that" he said.  No news so far but then he said.  "We should see it open in 2014 and we will be getting Star Tours 2 as well".  When I asked if there was definante he said I should read the blogs but I didn't ask him about Star Tours he offered that infomation on his own.  I wonder if the research around resturants was how he knew about it given that the word is a revamp of Pizza Plannet is part of the plan.  Now that is a jump I know but for a cast member to talk about Star Tours so positively has to be good news.

Anyhoo take it with a pinch of salt as ever but I had to let you know about my conversation.

Josh

Thanks for the info. :) So it looks like Star Tours TAC will be arriving in 2014, along with Ratatouille. It sounds like it's going to be a great year. Until then, they might extend their 20th anniversary.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DisneyObsessive

I don't think he meant Star Tours would come 2014 just that it was comming in the near-ish future.

Anthony

Definitely not in 2014, things seem to be pointing towards 2015. If they extend the 20th into 2013, then they would then only need to fill 2016 to bridge the gap completely until the 25th Anniversary, meaning we hopefully won't see any desperate filler festivals like we had between the 15th and 20th...

Thanks for the gossip DisneyObsessive!

Should I merge this topic in with the Star Wars land talk, so we can discuss it all in one place?

DLRP Roundup!

How long was it down at DHS?

Just from riding both, it really isn't a "huge" upgrade, its a better experience but the technology is all there. I rode the new version at DHS, and three month later the Paris version and can't say its not groundbreakingly new.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Josh

Quote from: "Anthony"Should I merge this topic in with the Star Wars land talk, so we can discuss it all in one place?
Makes sense, since they're supposedly part of the same expansion. ;)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

CafeFantasia

You rode Star Tours 2 and "can't say its not groundbreakingly new". So then it IS groundbreakingly new, right?

techiegsy

DHS was down for 8 to 9 months to replace it. They'd need to replace the projections to 3D, renew the queue to fit the new theme, refurbish the existing simulators and change out rex and other on board effects. I think the Paris change over may be quicker as slightly less testing may be involved and they may not change the queue structure as much but it'd still be a fair time before it would be up and running after going down.

This is a video of it for those who don't know, albeit this is only one of the several options you can get, spoilers within.

[youtube:37zziiof]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDB4tUMrPfg[/youtube:37zziiof]