If Paris gets a Star Wars Land...

Started by Rocketeer, August 16, 2015, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

OK, I know its only a rumour for Discoveryland, but now they've announced Start Wars Land for Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios, I'd love to see it added to the Happiest Place in Europe.

Just look at what they're getting...
https://youtu.be/IExKvmNKfx8

Wouldn't that be a great addition to the Studios? Plenty of room over there.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

Would have been some great theming for the studios that's for sure. But nope. Paris is left out as usual. We got nothing from D23...

DisneyRon

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on August 16, 2015, 01:45:02 AM
Would have been some great theming for the studios that's for sure. But nope. Paris is left out as usual. We got nothing from D23...

Disney doesn't directly own Disneyland Paris, or Tokyo Disneyland, or Hong Kong Disneyland.
That's why you generally don't get announcements for those parks at D23. ;)

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 16, 2015, 09:01:11 AM
Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on August 16, 2015, 01:45:02 AM

Disney doesn't directly own Disneyland Paris, or Tokyo Disneyland, or Hong Kong Disneyland.
That's why you generally don't get announcements for those parks at D23. ;)

Iron man was announced for Hong Kong, and wasn't there something about Tokyo as well? DLP was the only place without any major announcement.

Disneylove

Tokyo are having a huge expansion to their park, to include a lot of new Frozen attractions. Hong Kong are getting a very big Iron Man attravtion.

Paris got a poster.

Puffin

But both the parks in Tokyo and Hong Kong are very profitable, so there's just more money to invest?
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Rocketeer

We've had the rumours there could be more Star Wars for Paris, and now seeings that California, Florida and probably Shanghai are all getting versions of this, would it be more likely that it will be added to Paris at some point?

As I said in the first post, there's only two options; both are viable but have downsides. (And this is just speculation).

Discoveryland
+ Existing Star Wars presence/extension of the theme
- Not enough land to emulate Disneyland's 14 acre addition, so likely just the Millennium Falcon attraction plus the Cantina

WDS
+ Plenty of land to create a full size Star Wars Land with E, C and D tickets as well as the Cantina restaurant
- Space could be used for a Marvel Land of the same size.

And one park needs it more that the other...

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Spacepilot

Not gonna happen imo for Paris. Just some relatively small makeover of existing Discoveryland buildings, nothing for Studios.

You also can see the dimensions compared to Paris with Slinky Dog. They get it as a full family rollercoaster.

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Spacepilot on August 16, 2015, 07:51:16 PM
Not gonna happen imo for Paris. Just some relatively small makeover of existing Discoveryland buildings, nothing for Studios.

You also can see the dimensions compared to Paris with Slinky Dog. They get it as a full family rollercoaster.

It sucks, Here in the UK people view DLP as Disney lite or Diet Disney and Orlando as the full thing. This is Disneyland on a budget for most people. An idea which will be reinforced by the fact we will have a mini-toy story land and a mini star wars land. I can imagine the press eating that up.