D23 Expo...

Started by Disneylove, August 16, 2015, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylove

If they've been doing the same thing for the past 16 years people are going to go elsewhere. No wonder the figures are falling if there's no change. Something like a Star Wars land or some more marvel features would be a huge boost and open up a bigger audience, increasing revenue.

HildeKitten

THIS!
I absolutely agree!

*TIMMIE*

As I understand the refurbs are just step one. In between the programm also contains a step 2; WDS. This woua Toy Story Mania, a new (Pixar)show instead of Animagique, a quick counter restaurant instead of Toon Town photoppoint, a Hollywood street with shops and restaurants (including Starbucks), renewed Studio Tram Tour with renewed scenes, a Marvel land instead of backlot (RnRC>Spider-Man, Armageddon replaced by an Iron Man ride, Moteurs>Captain America). And finally a new Avengers ride for WDS 25th. Is that all? No, Wolber has a goal. A very nicr one. Getting a new ride for Adventureland.

Off course they want a Star Wars land, but it proposiled to be a mini-land. According to D&M it would contain Star Tours 2.0, Jedi Academy at Starport, a gigantic shop at the current Discoveryland theatre, a meet and greet at the Star Traders spot, a Millennium Falcon Walk Through and a Cantina restaurant. All placed from Videopolis to the current Pizza Planet. When? Who knows. Star Tours is for sure and the shedules are full with plans. But with new movies coming up and the new Star Wars lands they might bring the plans up front of the current masterplan.

I think the first want to focus on polishing the Disneyland Parc for the 25th, and want to leep the plans for afterwards. But whether the announce it or not on a next D23, it says nothing about what is happening. Do not forget they barely mentioned Ratatouille, Dreams or Jedi Academy. Disneyland Paris never announced anything big in advance. Every fan knew Ratatouille came way before Disneyland Paris formally send out a press release.

Disneylove

All speculation.

The amount of 'news' I've heard about what they're doing next in Disneyland in the past 10 years has been amazing. They've done one of the things I've heard.

*TIMMIE*

There is only one big difference between nowadays and the situation the past 10 years: WDC influence has majorly increased with the restructure of debt. You can not simply compare. Different sources state the same (f.e sources of ED92).

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: *TIMMIE* on August 17, 2015, 05:39:55 PM
As I understand the refurbs are just step one. In between the programm also contains a step 2; WDS. This woua Toy Story Mania, a new (Pixar)show instead of Animagique, a quick counter restaurant instead of Toon Town photoppoint, a Hollywood street with shops and restaurants (including Starbucks), renewed Studio Tram Tour with renewed scenes, a Marvel land instead of backlot (RnRC>Spider-Man, Armageddon replaced by an Iron Man ride, Moteurs>Captain America). And finally a new Avengers ride for WDS 25th. Is that all? No, Wolber has a goal. A very nicr one. Getting a new ride for Adventureland.

Off course they want a Star Wars land, but it proposiled to be a mini-land. According to D&M it would contain Star Tours 2.0, Jedi Academy at Starport, a gigantic shop at the current Discoveryland theatre, a meet and greet at the Star Traders spot, a Millennium Falcon Walk Through and a Cantina restaurant. All placed from Videopolis to the current Pizza Planet. When? Who knows. Star Tours is for sure and the shedules are full with plans. But with new movies coming up and the new Star Wars lands they might bring the plans up front of the current masterplan.

I think the first want to focus on polishing the Disneyland Parc for the 25th, and want to leep the plans for afterwards. But whether the announce it or not on a next D23, it says nothing about what is happening. Do not forget they barely mentioned Ratatouille, Dreams or Jedi Academy. Disneyland Paris never announced anything big in advance. Every fan knew Ratatouille came way before Disneyland Paris formally send out a press release.

Not to sound rude, but where are you getting this? All the things you mentioned are just things I've heard the community wish for. Can you provide any kind of source for this information? The only thing I know of that is remotely close to being confirmed is Midway Mania. Where is this Hollywood Street going to go? The only place it would make sense is in front of ToT, is there enough room there? I can't see them replacing Rock n' Roller Coaster, or even re-theming it. I feel it's just too iconic. But who knows, anything is possible.

This new ride wouldn't happen to be Indiana Jones Adventure would it ;) Because that ride costs at least 150 million I'm told. And since Ratatouille cost that I'm inclined to think it'd be more. Not to mention don't those ride vehicles have extremely high maintenance costs? Now perhaps they could change the thing to a trackless system which would be great and reduce maintenance costs.. But I dunno. I think the money would be better spent on several attractions.
$75 million could go on a version of Splash Mountain (I think Frontierland has room to expand), Maybe spend some on Seven Dwarf's Mine train to give Fantasyland a bit of thrill, if there was room in adventureland I'd love to see Jungle Cruise if not then the rest could be used on porting over the Little mermaid ride? I think that's reasonable for the amount of money.

The thing with Star Wars Mini-land is that many people in the UK (can only comment on where I'm from) view DLP as diet Disney, having a smaller SW land will be a headliner. And people will view DLP as more of a diet Disney.

*TIMMIE*

We eventually need to wait and see if things happen. I have never said things are confirmed. And being honest; you never know at DLP. They never have been like shouting out loud about new rides to come. Only when the ride has nearly been finished they send out press releases and put in the marketing.

Sites like ED92 seem to have been proven right lately with recapitalization, new management and rehabs and upgrades of exsiting rides. It did happen within months. We we'll see. But things are changing with the managementchanges and the finances are being reconstructed. You can not deny that. Now hope the various sources on the various sites are right again.

About Adventureland; Indy should be an option. I have read there are more options. Do not forget an Indy 2.0 has been rumoured for Orlando. Along the there are advancements in Cars which should take down the maintenancecost. So it just may make it a bit more possible.

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: *TIMMIE* on August 17, 2015, 10:15:08 PM
We eventually need to wait and see if things happen. I have never said things are confirmed. And being honest; you never know at DLP. They never have been like shouting out loud about new rides to come. Only when the ride has nearly been finished they send out press releases and put in the marketing.

Sites like ED92 seem to have been proven right lately with recapitalization, new management and rehabs and upgrades of exsiting rides. It did happen within months. We we'll see. But things are changing with the managementchanges and the finances are being reconstructed. You can not deny that. Now hope the various sources on the various sites are right again.

About Adventureland; Indy should be an option. I have read there are more options. Do not forget an Indy 2.0 has been rumoured for Orlando. Along the there are advancements in Cars which should take down the maintenancecost. So it just may make it a bit more possible.

Ah, I see what you mean now. ED92 has rumoured this if I understand correctly? I see, that makes much more sense!

*TIMMIE*

No, that's not what I wrote.