Rainforest Cafe

Started by anthony2k6, August 23, 2007, 02:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony2k6

When did it shrink!? When we went last year  there was a little bar and the shop was twice the size - now the shop is very poor and no bar :(

Also - i dont see where they queue people now when its very busy (it wasnt busy any of the times we walked by though)? do they queue in the shop?! It used to be down by the side of the shop, but this area seems to be staff only now?

bit disappointing what they have done.

RiverSong

I agree, it's disappointing. I used to love the shop the way it was before. About the queuing, when I walked by people where queueing outside the restaurant.

It seemed to me that Rainforest Cafe is to be refurbished, maybe it will look better again afterwards?

Parkfisch

When I was there in July a sign told that it's going to be refurbished. I think it will be as large as usual but more beautiful. Let's hope...

anthony2k6

i really hope so, but its current layout looks kinda permanent  :?:

Nala_84

I've planned to eat at the Rainforest Café in September (23rd), we've never been there before...

Is it still possible to eat there, do only bar and shop get a refurbishment?! Would you recommend to order/reserve a table for a September-Sunday, and if yes, is this also possible from the hotel in the morning?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Nala_84"I've planned to eat at the Rainforest Café in September (23rd), we've never been there before...

Is it still possible to eat there, do only bar and shop get a refurbishment?! Would you recommend to order/reserve a table for a September-Sunday, and if yes, is this also possible from the hotel in the morning?!

I didn't notice any refurbishment sign last weekend. Maybe I just missed it, but don't worry about it - no activity yet. I think the restaurant still looks fine, btw. Ate there last Saturday.  :D

It is NOT possible at all to reserve a table beforehand, unfortunately. Try to eat relatively early in the evening.  :wink:
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

MinnieMouse

Quote from: "Nala_84"I've planned to eat at the Rainforest Café in September (23rd), we've never been there before...

You can not make a reservation for the Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood from your Disney Hotel, because they are not Disney owned Restaurants (Eigene Restaurantkette die mit Disney nichts zu tun hat).

Both restaurants have his own reservation-service.

Alexandra

Flounder

Quote from: "MinnieMouse"You can not make a reservation for the Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood from your Disney Hotel, because they are not Disney owned Restaurants (Eigene Restaurantkette die mit Disney nichts zu tun hat).

But I am sure that you can call them and make a reservation - that should work from the hotel phone  :lol:

Or use this website ;) It's actually for group events - but it should work also for your purpose. Or take a look at the site if they give you the opportunity to make a regular online reservation - I can't do right now it since it requires Flash 8 which my employer did not install on my machine  :?

I found the html-Version ;) There's a phone number which may also be useful: +33-1-60-43-65-65.

Cheers,
Flounder

MinnieMouse

Quote from: "Flounder"
Quote from: "MinnieMouse"You can not make a reservation for the Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood from your Disney Hotel, because they are not Disney owned Restaurants (Eigene Restaurantkette die mit Disney nichts zu tun hat).

But I am sure that you can call them and make a reservation - that should work from the hotel phone  :lol:

Cheers,
Flounder

Sure, you can call for a reservation from the hotel phone, but not make a reservation from the concierge at the Disney Hotel.  :lol:

Alexandra

Parkfisch

You cannot reserve a table for Rainforest Café, not even when you want to do that in the Restaurant. You just go in when you want and when it's too crowded, you get a card with a time to come back ( seen in September 2002 ). We had to wait 30 minutes and went shopping in the Rainforest Café Shop.

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "MinnieMouse"Both restaurants have his own reservation-service.

No, the Rainforest Cafe does NOT have a reservation service, at all.

Parkfisch's comment is completely correct.  =D>
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Flounder

Thanks for the info, Parkfisch! I never ate there ... so I just came up with my ideas from actually knowing nothing as it seems  :wink:

Parkfisch

It's a very large restaurant / café so it's usualy very easy to get a seat during the day. Only in Off Seasons you need to wait in the evening, because everyone wants to go there after the park closure ( 8 p.m. ).

Have a nice meal !

MinnieMouse

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"
Quote from: "MinnieMouse"Both restaurants have his own reservation-service.

No, the Rainforest Cafe does NOT have a reservation service, at all.

Parkfisch's comment is completely correct.  =D>

With own reservation service I mean that you must make a reservation at you own in this restaurants in front of is at the reservation-desk (in Front of the Rainforest Cafe etc.)

I don´t know all english wordm so I often can´t post what I really mean . :(

Alexandra

Disneyana

You can not make a reservation at the Rainforest Cafe. Not even at the desk in front of the restaurant. Parkfish has already explained it correct. You just go there and if there's no free table they give you a card with a time slot when you should come back.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"