IMAX Disney Village

Started by Anthony, April 12, 2005, 07:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

The new IMAX cinema in Disney Village is now open, in a lovely new extension to the existing Gaumont Disney Village.

Here are some photos....

From http://www.photosmagiques.com :

From http://www.dlrpmagazine.com :

Apparently all the films are in French, and I haven't heard anything about the fabled headphones translation, so it looks like it hasn't been implemented yet (if it ever will).

Currently showing is Aliens of the Deep, to be joined by Robots on April 24th before Disney's Sacred Planet begins on May 9th.  Batman Begins will be shown from June onwards and Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be shown from July.

In October 2005, a new games area called "NEX Fantasy" will open in part of the IMAX building, with pool tables, arcade games, kids games, mini-bowling and more...

Jorien

Hey that looks really good! Although it's not so nice that the movies will only be in French. As i can't understand a word they're saying......okay maybe i can with one or two words.  :wink:

Jorien :D

Patrick

Well looks like it was a good investment, but realy in french, I am sorry but most guests like us pompous english guests, (not like I am pompous in DLRP I always try my hardest with french not like I am good at it) won't understand French and so won't this put people off going to the IMAX, I know its wonderful for everyone who is french and can speak french, but I know many people who can't oh well might go sometime to watch the movie and not bother listening :lol: .

Kristof

Who claims Gaumant only plays French spoken movies?  I really don't understand where people get that.  All movies are in the original language every monday...

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Who claims Gaumant only plays French spoken movies?  I really don't understand where people get that.  All movies are in the original language every monday...

Yeah, some people definately have over-reacted on other forums, but what confuses me is that if they can play the films in their original language on Mondays, why not more days aswell?  :?

And I doubt the IMAX follows that rule either, unfortunately...  :(   I'm not sure if would ever go to the cinema whilst I was at DLRP.  I think if they had a Disney film on (and it was English) then I probably would - I hope they really try to concentrate on Disney's IMAX films, and find some way of providing the films in English aswell.  Has anyone seen those Bose noise-cancelling headphones? They cost over £250 per pair, but it would probably be a good way to cancel out some of the 12,000 watts of power from the IMAX's main speakers and provide a pleasant experience for visitors who don't speak fluent French.

Until something like that happens, though, at least we'd got a bloody beautiful new building in Disney Village!  :D

Anthony

Does anyone know what kind of bowling there will be in the NEX Fantasy?  It could just be that strange mini-bowling you get in arcades, or perhaps full 10 pin bowling?  I doubt it's "proper" bowling though, surely there isn't enough room?  :?

If it isn't proper bowling, I hope DLRP are trying to work something out to get bowling in DV somehow.  I'm sure it would be hugely popular with everyone - locals, first time visitors, frequent visitors...

Kristof

Bowling would be a great evening filling activity for hotel guests!  The evenings can be long when there's no Fantillusion and fireworks.