No More Changing Park Map Covers?

Started by Anthony, March 21, 2005, 02:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Perhaps I'm the only person here sad enough to care about this, but don't you think it's a shame they don't change the covers of the park maps anymore?

Here's the new Easter one:

(source: "Scrooge", DMI Forums)

And the Kids Carnival one was the same but with a shadow of Mickey on it.  Last year's Christmas and Legend of the Lion King covers were, by comparison, excellent:

(source: PATMAGIC.net)

//http://patmagic.net/Park%20Maps/C2.bmp
(source: PATMAGIC.net)

So why no more cool park map covers, DLRP?!  Whilst I do like the new design of keeping the seasonal entertainment stuff in the same place (the box at the bottom of the map and one of the pages as you open it), the different covers were cool to see.  We can only hope for a special one for SM:M2 I suppose...  :D

Jorien

How boring! Even if it's a nice design, i would like to see some different covers too. Just like the entrance tickets, they are so boring too. I loved the plastic cards with different themes on them. But i think it all costs to much?

Jorien  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"How boring! Even if it's a nice design, i would like to see some different covers too. Just like the entrance tickets, they are so boring too. I loved the plastic cards with different themes on them. But i think it all costs to much?

Yeah, I used to like those old entrance tickets too.  It felt like you were getting more for your money than the current papery-style ones which get bent and folded too easily.  I can understand that they must have cost quite a lot more to produce though.

Changing a park map cover doesn't cost that much though, so perhaps they don't change it for some other reason - like because people get confused and can't tell it's the Disneyland Park map or something stupid?  :lol:  :evil:

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"like because people get confused and can't tell it's the Disneyland Park map or something stupid?  :lol:  :evil:

What could that 'something stupid' be then?  :lol: :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"
Quote from: "Baloo"like because people get confused and can't tell it's the Disneyland Park map or something stupid?  :lol:  :evil:

What could that 'something stupid' be then?  :lol: :wink:

I'm not too sure - it's just my way of saying that it could have been decided to stop changing the covers for any number of reasons related to the general stupidity of the general public.  :twisted:

Or maybe the park map people have just been saving their creativity up for a few months to go all out on a cool SM:M2 park map?

I really do care too much about such little things...  :roll:  You shouldn't have encouraged me by replying to my original post...  :lol:

Kristof

I noticed it too Baloo.  They probably didn't care to change the layout this time for just 2 weeks or so.

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"I really do care too much about such little things...  :roll:  You shouldn't have encouraged me by replying to my original post...  :lol:

LOL!  :lol:

Kris

They go to great lengths to theme the parks for seasons, so why not extend this to a piece of paper? It's simple as they have to change the info on it anyway, and even if they have a general Christmas, Halloween or Carnival template, they can re-use the same design. Just don't get rid of it totally!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

Good news Baloo!!  Here's the newest park map, with a Mission 2 cover.

Jorien

Woohoo!!!!! Wow, great!!!! It looks very very good! Finally another design, hope there will be more to come!!!  :D

Anthony

Cooooooll!!  :lol:

That design looks excellent, and I really like how the language flag is much easier to see now.  :D