Mickey's Magical Christmas Dinner (Christmas season 2008)

Started by Newbie, July 26, 2008, 10:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon""CM : Excuse me Sir, Star Tours?
"Guest : No.
"CM : Why not? Chicken?
"Guest : No, Turkey actually.

[strike:1ptvyq3t]The Force will be with you, always.[/strike:1ptvyq3t]"The Main Course will be with you, shortly."

[strike:1ptvyq3t]Post of the day.[/strike:1ptvyq3t]

POST OF THE YEAR!

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  Oh stop it.  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

BlackWolf

-- Duplicate post :oops: See below --

BlackWolf

Quote from: "x-charlotte-x"When i went with college a few years ago with my IT course we went to an IT convention kind of thing for schools and colleges which was in the tent behind star tours. It wasn't very interesting, it was just a few companies telling us about what they used IT for ect.. It would of been much more interesting to have learned about how they use IT and computers for the rides and how it all works since we were in Disneyland and it really had nothing to do with Disneyland, which made me wonder why it was actually in Disneyland? :roll:  But i wasn't complaining it only took up an afternoon and then we got to spend the rest of our 5 day trip in the parks!  :D

In January this  year, there was a "conference" for A-level students which was really fascinating. It was over a period of 2 days, 3 meetings at about 40 minutes each.

The presentations actually showed how DLRP used IT, including the structure of the massive network, the day-to-day use in rides, using CAD to design each ride and each individual component (a small presentation showed the creation of a cassette brake for Space Mountain).

The presentations also showed the IT teams creating the websites and TV ads, and perhaps the most interesting of all, the design and creation of the Buzz Lightyear animated character in Buzz Lightyear's Lazer Blast. The sheer amount of work that went into a single creation was astonishing.

The head of IT was also there to do a little interview with the person presenting everything, which was also interesting :)

---------------------

The entrance isn't exactly the most glamorous there is though, I must say.