Hotel occupancy

Started by penfold12, July 25, 2008, 11:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Over on Mice Age, they are saying in the Forum that the hotels are seriously under booked and suffering this summer season!?

Any one know if this is right? I thought the occupancy rate was still strong?

speedpacket

Hi there!

I know it's been quite some time since I posted on the board (shame on me).  Rest assured though that I kept following all the news and posts on this board.

In fact, we still go at least once a month, and we never outgrew our love for Disney.

Also - people that remember me how I was always defening pricing strategy of Disney hotels, and that it is a lot of money, but not expensive for what you get.

Well, we just booked a room for two nights in the new manhattan club over at hotel new york,n and I must say the prices for a room only blew me of my chair!  We're paying 1018 EUR for 2 nights, meaning the night rate is 509 EUR just room only including breakfast.

An equal room at Disney would have cost 900 EUR per night!

Although I know I have always defended this, I have been visiting a lot of hotels lately, including the Ritz in Paris and some of the Intercontinental brand (Le Grand in Paris and Park Lane in London for instance...)
These are top notch hotels each with fantastic service and cost a LOT LESS!

So I'm a bit rethinking about the pricing strategy of Disney hotels now...  If they believe they can charge the prices hotels such as The Ritz in Paris charge, and even more (The Ritz, we paid 600 EUR per night for), I believe they should upgrade their service levels.  

I never before put it in this perspective, but when thinking about it again, maybe we should, and ask for better service at the hotels ;)

And maybe this might be a reason for the occupancy (although I still believe their occupancy rates are pretty good, compared to other hotels ;) )
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

burntsienna

When I was there at the start of the month, there'd been a mistake with the travel company or with the hotel and one of them forgot to book our coach in haha.
And when our driver tried to get us into a hotel it took both him and the staff over an hour to find us rooms in one of the other onsite hotels.
This is all I have to go by really,and because of this I would suspect the hotels were doing good on occupancy.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Kristof

I heard July was slow (but that's actually the case every year), but August is on track as expected.  September will be very busy as well and then the DLRP toppers are on its way again: Halloween and Christmas...

EDDY

September is very busy ? Are you sure ? If so, we´ve bad luck , because we go in the second week of september for a 4 Night stay...
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

lil-shawn

i hope it is not to busy in september like last year in june...
i booked my trip on the last week so maybe i have luck and its not to busy and
all go in the halloween time  :D

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "speedpacket"So I'm a bit rethinking about the pricing strategy of Disney hotels now...  If they believe they can charge the prices hotels such as The Ritz in Paris charge, and even more (The Ritz, we paid 600 EUR per night for), I believe they should upgrade their service levels.  

I never before put it in this perspective, but when thinking about it again, maybe we should, and ask for better service at the hotels ;)

Absolutely, this has always been one of my beefs with DLP vs other good hotels. while good, they do not offer the same quality as their competitors (or even cousins like in california or WDW). That said, all the neighbour hotels such as the Holiday Inn have significantly increased their prices to where DLP is not that much more expensive.

We are staying at the HNY for 5 nights at the end of August, and I cannot wait to see what it is like now - it's out first on site stay for about 4 years (HI and Marriott has been getting our money lately, but we got a great deal.
since 2001 (many before that)

Alice@Wonderland

A four night/ five day stay 18th - 22nd of December was £740 for 2 adults in Hotel New York (standard room). Personaly I do not this is all that expensive considering the time of year and quality of the hotel ( works out at £92pppn). Although the 18th is just sneaking onto the end of the "Extra day & Night Free" promotion  :D !
Also, when we booked via phone our operator said it was the 22nd booking he had done over Christmas that day. Considering that i can not belive that that hotel rooms are being left empty.

speedpacket

Quote from: "Alice@Wonderland"A four night/ five day stay 18th - 22nd of December was £740 for 2 adults in Hotel New York (standard room). Personaly I do not this is all that expensive considering the time of year and quality of the hotel ( works out at £92pppn). Although the 18th is just sneaking onto the end of the "Extra day & Night Free" promotion  :D !
Also, when we booked via phone our operator said it was the 22nd booking he had done over Christmas that day. Considering that i can not belive that that hotel rooms are being left empty.
That is a good price.
I was referring to prices they charge at Newport Bay's Admiral's Floor, or at Disneyland Hotel's Castle Club or the new Hotel New York's Manhattan club.

The last one is now up to 509 EUR for ONE night!  For that price, we should expect The Ritz-quality, as that is what they are charging...  To be honest, they don't even come CLOSE to the quality these hotels offer...

I'm sorry to say so, but that is the truth :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

smurfy74

we phoned to check availability for 2nd week of September as we are going and our sister inlaw was thinking of joining us, we were told that there wasnt a lot of capacity left

EDDY

Are in September special holidays for France or UK ?
I wondered because normally September is very calm.
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January