Advice for family with young children

Started by vixshorty, September 20, 2018, 11:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vixshorty

Hello
Im posting for advice we are travelling to dlp on 13th december for 3 nights. I have a baby who is 1 and a 4 year old. We are presently half board but i upgraded to the full board. Howevever im not sure if its worth it? because we can only eat in the hotel restaurants as staying in the sante fe.

Im debating whether just to upgrade to the premium so can eat in the park?

Thanks vicky

DC

When I went last year I had the Standard Half-board, I was staying in Santa Fe and I was able to eat at several park resturants. Check the "Choice of Restaurants" on this page because I think you may be misinterpreting something: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

polar vixen

Yup unless you e taken a hotel only plan you can use your vouchers in lots of other restaurants either in full or part payment

vixshorty

Oh your right! Its so confusing...

Oh do u think its worth goimg full board? Can u use the vouchers on counrer service?

DC

Check the park closing time when you're going, if it stays open until late, the restaurants don't accept guests a couple of hours before the park closes. If it's the case the park closes early, it means you'd have to have dinner very early.
They can be used on counter service but you'd lose money. The vouchers are worth more than the meals you get at counter service.

claire2281

The vouchers you get with the standard half board cover the buffet restaurants. This is excellent for little ones as your 1 year old will dine for free so you don't have to worry about how much they do and don't eat - you can pick up any bits you think they might like. The 4 year old will have their own meal voucher.

Plaza Gardens is a great choice as is the Chuck Wagon at the Cheyenne but most buffets will do a kids friendly section.

The way I would go about it is have your main meal of the day around lunch time in one of the buffet restaurants and have something from the counter service ones at dinner time. Do note, your 1 year old won't be included in the meal plan so you won't have any vouchers to spend on their food if you wanted to get them something.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne