NYE at WDS

Started by JMB, August 05, 2018, 07:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMB

Hi everyone,

Have booked to go over NY and was planning NYE in Disneyland Park as it was amazing last year.  However we just can't justify the £435 it will cost to get tickets for that event this year, so I wondered if anyone has spent NY in WDS and what that was like?

Thanks in advance

glenn

Unfortunately since the Walt Disney company took over dlp the prices everywhere have gone up to ridiculous levels,that's why I refuse to go back.

NCC1701Q

We have done NYE two years ago in the WDS and last year did the paid party in the DP.

Walt Disney Studios: there was a stage in front of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster with a live coverband. Not bad, but because it was cold and very foggy, the view was less spectacular. Same for the fireworks: we heard it but hardly saw it. But it was free  ;)

Last year we paid about €160 (family of four) and went to the Disneyland Park. The parade was great fun, the meet-and-greets were busy (and full if you went to see the parade first) and the stage was in front of Star Tours. That was all quite fun. The fireworks at the castle were way, way too short. About 10 minutes I guess and nothing special.

We are very much in doubt about this year. The price has been increases about 200% but since there is no program/information yet we’re holding off buying tickets.

Slimy yet satisfying

Yup. Same experience for both years. We are definately not attending this year. Total rip off.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

JMB

Thanks for the replies.  Had a great time last year and booked again as soon as I could this year, but with the price hike and 5 of us going this time, I think we will have to go with WDS for NYE.  Worried that the price will move a lot of people into the Studios as it's free!!  Not sure how the price increase can be justified, but I still reckon it will sell out.