2009 and beyond ... your wish list?

Started by experiment627, January 23, 2005, 07:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Hey folks,

now after we kinda know what's coming for the next four years, I'd like to ask you: what's your wish-list for 2009 and beyond?

Let's be crazy - but at the same time a bit reasonable  :wink:
(= no three e-tickets in the same year or turning Frontierland into Winnie the Pooh Country or something like that  :wink: ) But otherwise, the sky's the limit!

Anthony

Great topic idea, experiment! It's going to be a tough decision though...

I'm going to start adding to the parks again in 2011 and not 2012, since I think WDS needs those extra attractions extra quick...

2011 - Great Movie Ride variation & more street sets (WDS)
2012 - Frontierland water ride (DLP)
2013 - Toon Studios expansion including new version of Philharmagic and replacement of Animagique with LOTLK-style stage show.
2014 - New WDS attraction (I can't think what it should be yet - basically one or two new things near GMR)
2015 - New version of Indiana Jones adventure (DLP)

So basically I think if the upcoming 3/4 years of new attractions is a success, they should try this attraction-a-year idea again but run it for 5 years and work on expanding those areas of the parks which really need it (GMR for the icon at the end of the street sets, Frontierland/Adventureland rides are desperately needed, Toon Studios will need to be bigger as WDS itself expands, etc.)

experiment627

Before even guessing what a new E-ticket for Disneyland Park could be or with whatever they'll properly expand the Studios, I want to see the following:

- replacement for "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" - it's a fun show, but it's getting old. Really old.

- "Star Tours"-update - oh come on Disney & Lucas! Finally get your act together and give us a worthy update to this classic sci-fi-saga-ride. How about taking a Starspeeder into the skyscraper jungle of Coruscant? Or taking part in a Pod Race on Tatooine?

- Fill the gap between "CinéMagique" and Disney Channel!

- one or two new Tram Tour sets - how about a soundstage with a scene from the upcoming "Chronicles of Narnia" or "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (both movies I'm VERY much looking forward to)?

- fix Autopia and replace those smelly and noisy cars with electric ones.

And if I could make one wish for a new E-Ticket: "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" would be quite cool for, let's say, 2015 or 2017...

Kris

My wishes are for continuous rehab around the resort to make sure it stays in perfect condition and basically as many new "good quality" attractions they can fit in WDS as it really needs some more.

Of course my beloved Disney entertainment will have to keep changing too, but we just cannot change Fanti or LOTLK (unless they get even more spectacular!  :lol: )

I believe that money should be spent on new things though, as these are far easier to promote and are obviously new additions (to people researching the resort etc).

The resort cannot afford to stand still!  :D
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

Well, I'd say: reasing the bar at WDS!  More attractions, more action and more of a "studios-feeling".  Something with water, like a small lake or large fountain with a picknick area or so would be nice too.

babybert

I would like more thrilling attractions, faster scarier rollercoasters! But mainly i would like to see more and more varied characters, and face characters! More photo locations with princesses etc. and also a HUUGE spectacular Parade!

(*GT*)$un

all new attractions are welcome  :lol:

Kris

Yes a brand new huge parade would nevr go a miss. I wonder if we will ever get a parade to a similar size and quality of Tokyo Disneyland's "Disney's Dreams On Parade". This really is the level of parade I would love to see, although it will never happen soon!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

babybert

uhuh! seeing as the parade department hasnt got enough money! even after buying fanti floats we only got like 1/2 of the parade!!! never mind, i think the parades look good anyway! and certainly there wicked fun to be in!!!

Anthony

I think the way they'll probably go with the new additions might be that after 2008 they'll add quite big new entertainment shows/parades to the resort again, like they have done in the last couple of years.  This'll keep the parks fresh and still give something new for people to come back to until they (hopefully) start with another string of three-or-so attractions in perhaps 2012.

That's not to say they won't add entertainment until then, though, since this year we've got the Cruella DeVil show and there will no doubt be a new parade soon aswell.  It's just likely that after 2008 they'll make more of big deal about the entertainment again, like they did with LOTLK.

Though they probably will be going on about ToT for a long time anyway - it's only the second time that DLRP has had such a huge new addition afterall.

Sweet Laker

2009 - Le Visionarium  "Un voyage a travers les Temps"

One of the better rides in DLRP and they are replacing it for.... Buzz Lightyear... come on.... Buzz is supposed to be in the Studios. Toy Story is allready present in the parade in WDS, and i like it there, but not in Discoveryland.... oh well, what can i do 'bout it....  :cry:

Le Visionarium, based around the Circle-Vision 360 system, is considered by some to be one of the better themed attractions in the whole of the park. I am/was one of them. I'll never buy a Renault in my life, :P

(RIP untill they bring it back to life!!)

Jorien

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"I'll never buy a Renault in my life, :P  

Hey!!!!  :wink:

.........(i work at a Renault dealer)  :P

Jorien  :D

Sweet Laker

ow haha,  well,  i might reconsider it...  :^o

:paris:

Patrick

Well I can say I will not Renault are useless at anything especially keeping attractions open :lol: .

Jorien

:blah:  :blah:  :blah:

:P

Jorien  :D