Halloween vs Christmas at Disneyland

Started by disnick.322, April 22, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disnick.322

We are looking at going to dlrp in either Oct or Dec, we would be grateful on any help regarding which time will be the cheapest, we will have to travel in the school holidays. Is there a lot of difference in price, how busy the park is, is everything open etc.  Any information greatly received. The website has not got the info for these times yet. Thank you

claire2281

Actual Halloween week is the busiest week of the year at DLP pretty much. If you can go before Christmas that will be a bit quieter.

Personally I prefer DLP at Christmas rather than Halloween - to me much more goes in to Christmas and I prefer it as a season. Obviously it can be a lot colder but I feel like I'm getting more for my money. We don't really know what's happening in either season at this point and won't get press releases for a while yet. I will say last year Christmas was their best and biggest ever whereas Halloween was fun but curtailed slightly due to the 25th celebrations.

Halloween week will definitely be in the high price bracket. Before Christmas can be anything between super value and high depending on exactly when you go.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

littlebitofpixiedust

I agree with the above post.

I love both seasons but as a whole Christmas is the best season of the entire year in my opinion, we went 22-24 December last year and it was busy but not as busy as I anticipated.

You can prepare for the weather better too whereas October can be lovely or very cold which makes it harder on packing.

disnick.322

Thank you for your help, ideally I would love to go at christmas but I had previously booked to go before Christmas a few years ago for a 21st birthday present but it snowed and all transport was cancelled so we lost the holiday, would hate that to happen again.

Zee79

We are going for Halloween this year only because we got an amazing deal with the HNY and we weren't actually meant to be going back until 2020 😁 (been twice this year already) however I actually prefer the Christmas season and would at this time of year all the time.