First solo trip!

Started by Tai, January 22, 2018, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tai

Hi,
I haven't been on here in like a year or so and I've deiced to go to Disneyland Paris next week to take some time out of university as I'm soo stress so I've deiced do a Solo trip to Disneyland Paris. Never done one before and I'm in my mid 20s so how much money should I take? I thought like 300 euros or so is that enough? I'm staying off site and I hardly eat so I assume that's should be enough. I thought about going to the hypermarket and buying drinks and food to take into the park with me.Also has anyone used attractiontix.co.uk before? I thought about buying a 2 x 1 Day 2 Park Ticket as it works out cheaper but it wont allow me to add to tickets to the basket.

Thanks in advice!

-Tai

AJDisney

I've never used attractiontix, but loads have so they're fine. Try clearing your cache, they work for me. 300 Euro will be more than enough for 2 days! (unless you plan on going crazy of course).

Where are you staying? Val D'Europe is one stop on the train (I've never travelled this way -- I'm too lazy, so always just pay the Uber for 7 euro each way!), so 100% go to Auchen if you're looking to save money on food. I've always found supermarkets to be pretty expensive (literally like 3 euro for a 2 litre bottle of coke, and never seems to be on offer - Supermarket's own brand isn't much cheaper either!), but you'll still save a fair bit this way :)
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Tai

Quote from: AJDisney on January 23, 2018, 12:03:41 AM
I've never used attractiontix, but loads have so they're fine. Try clearing your cache, they work for me. 300 Euro will be more than enough for 2 days! (unless you plan on going crazy of course).

Where are you staying? Val D'Europe is one stop on the train (I've never travelled this way -- I'm too lazy, so always just pay the Uber for 7 euro each way!), so 100% go to Auchen if you're looking to save money on food. I've always found supermarkets to be pretty expensive (literally like 3 euro for a 2 litre bottle of coke, and never seems to be on offer - Supermarket's own brand isn't much cheaper either!), but you'll still save a fair bit this way :)

Thanks for the reply.

I was going to stay at HiPark but I wasn't really sure about it so I decided to book the explorers as I've been there a few times but not on my own. I usually go to the hypermarket soon as I get there to like buy drinks as I hate paying the prices inside the park. I do wish I was staying at Val D'Europe now as you do have all the restaurants there. I doubt it I will buy much inside the park maybe a bit of merch to bring home for family and that's about it. What is the best way to and from the airport? I usually take Magical Shuttle but going alone maybe a taxi or the TGV but then it starts eating into the spending money. I am planning on taking a prepaid credit card for safety as I'm not the sort of person to take cash with me even to uni.

AJDisney

TGV will cost about 45 euros if booked through Voyages for a return ticket. The shuttle has a deal on at the moment for 18 euro each way. TGV is quicker I believe, but will be slightly more. Never flew though, so maybe someone else can recommend another way (I get Eurostar!).

You could always look at something like Monzo to take cash -- you get the mastercard exchange rate. I love my Monzo card and always use it when going abroad with no issues.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Tai

Quote from: AJDisney on January 23, 2018, 01:39:43 AM
TGV will cost about 45 euros if booked through Voyages for a return ticket. The shuttle has a deal on at the moment for 18 euro each way. TGV is quicker I believe, but will be slightly more. Never flew though, so maybe someone else can recommend another way (I get Eurostar!).

You could always look at something like Monzo to take cash -- you get the mastercard exchange rate. I love my Monzo card and always use it when going abroad with no issues.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the TGV but what happens if my flight is delayed or I miss the train I assume I can jump on the next one? I usually take the eurostar most times but as I was going elsewhere otherwise I would of gone via Eurostar but this time I had no choice about flying. I am planning on taking TUI prepaid credit card as they claim I don't pay any transaction fees if I use my card in the shops only if I take money out using an ATM.