disneyland to CDG

Started by paty, January 15, 2018, 06:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paty

hello
this is our first time in Europe and all the train options are really confusing!
Our return flight to the US is at 11:50am on a friday.
What are the options to get to CDG?
Magical Shuttle leaves at 6:30 or 8:30am. I am not sure about trains, how to book and how long it takes.
If possible, we would like to enjoy breakfast at the hotel without rushing too much.
Do I have to book either the magical shuttle or train in advance? or can I do it when I get there? not sure how crowded it gets. We are 4(2 adults, 2 teens) traveling in June

thank you!!
Patricia

Pete's Dragon

The train is pretty straight forward. You can book in advance here http://www.raileurope.com/ or get tickets at in the station. It takes 11 minutes from Disneyland to CDG at terminal 2F.

Another option is a private taxi which would be similar in cost but with the advantage of dropping you off at the terminal your flying from (assuming you're not flying from 2F). I don't now any reputable websites offhand but I'm sure others will post links (which I can then use for when I visit in June)

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: paty on January 15, 2018, 06:05:12 PM
hello
this is our first time in Europe and all the train options are really confusing!
Our return flight to the US is at 11:50am on a friday.
What are the options to get to CDG?
Magical Shuttle leaves at 6:30 or 8:30am. I am not sure about trains, how to book and how long it takes.
If possible, we would like to enjoy breakfast at the hotel without rushing too much.
Do I have to book either the magical shuttle or train in advance? or can I do it when I get there? not sure how crowded it gets. We are 4(2 adults, 2 teens) traveling in June

thank you!!
Patricia

Usually they advise to check in for transatlantic flight 3 hours before departure. This would mean you need to arrive at the airport at 8.50am.

You havent said which hotel you are staying at. I checked the Magic Shuttle time table. The times you quoted 6.30am and 8.30am are for departures from Disneyland Hotel. The bus starts at Disneyland Hotel and then goes to the other hotels in this order

Disneyland Hotel
Hotel New York
Cheyenne
Santa Fe
Sequoia Lodge
Newport Bay

To get the actual time of departure from Disney property you need to look at the pick up time for Newport Bay
The bus which picks up at 6.30am at Disneyland Hotel, picks up at 7.05am from Newport Bay. Therefore it would be approx 7.10am when you actually leave Disney property.

Magic Shuttle takes approx 60 minutes to get to Charles de Gualle airport. However I have been on it and it took nearer to 90 minutes.

So realistically you are looking at approaching the check in desk around 8.30am

That is perfect timing for check in for a transatlantic flight :)

To get Magic Shuttle tickets just go to the website https://magicalshuttle.co.uk/booking/  You will get a confirmation email. Just print out this confirmation email and show it to the driver. The driver will scan the barcode on the email and ask you which terminal at the airport you are going to. 

Unfortunately if you are getting that first Magic Shuttle you will not be able to have breakfast in the hotel.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

paty

yes, we are staying at the Disneyland hotel. So we would have to get the first bus to get there on time. I didn't know it could take 90 min!
Maybe the train is a better option if we don't want to leave so early.
How long does it take if we get a taxi?
thank you!

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: paty on January 15, 2018, 07:45:54 PM
yes, we are staying at the Disneyland hotel. So we would have to get the first bus to get there on time. I didn't know it could take 90 min!
Maybe the train is a better option if we don't want to leave so early.
How long does it take if we get a taxi?
thank you!

right so you are staying at Disneyland Hotel. The bus you will get on 6.30am will then go to the other hotels and eventually leave Disney property at 7.10am.

Magic Shuttle usually takes 60 minutes. It is motorway / freeway all the way from Disney to the airport. The motorway is a 3 lane motorway. I have seen long delays due to traffic. If there is an accident, they shut it down to 1 lane.

Allowing 60 minutes is a good idea but it is also good to know that it COULD take up to 90 minutes.

A taxi / uber will take the same route as Magic Shuttle and is therefore subject to the exact same delays / traffic. The journey time would the the same as I count the journey time from when the shuttle bus leaves Disney property, not from the time I get on the bus.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

justlikeidreamedit

If you are thinking of a taxi. I highly recommend Ezy shuttle. They are extremely reliable. They also tend to change their route to the airport depending on the traffic so avoid jams wherever possible. Friendly folk too.

ezyshuttle.com

Greg

It's about 35 minutes by car from CDG to DLP.  We always do a car service, since we have small kids, car seats, push chairs, etc. and have never had issues.  We usually leave DLP three hours before our flight back to Aberdeen, which is plenty of time for bag drop, security, etc. 

I recommend Abi Transport, who we have used the past 3 or 4 times in Paris.  Nice big Mercedes van with wi-fi.  Always on time. 

https://en.abi-transport.com/en/blog/category/charles-de-gaulle-taxi-by-abi-transport/
June 2009
May 2012
April 2013
June 2014- Disneyland Hotel
April 2015
April 2016 - Newport Bay Club
September 2016 - Disneyland Hotel
January 2017 - Newport Bay Club
October 2017 - Newport Bay Club
April 2018 - Newport Bay Club
October 2018 - Newport Bay Club

rocker

Provided you're not too overloaded with small kiddies & luggage, I'd go for the train

Station is a 5 minute walk from Disneyland Hotel & it's then only an 11 minute journey to CDG.  There's one or two trains an hour. Pop your journey details into https://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en .  You can check times & prices & buy tix.  Cheaper to buy in advance, but you can get tickets on the day too if you have a last minute change of plan, so perhaps worth having a print out of the train times with you in case you were planning on getting Shuttle/taxi but there were an accident on the motorway etc.

Pete's Dragon

the downside with the train is getting from terminal to terminal. Not too bad if you are Terminal 2b, d or f. the rest, hmmmm .....