Favourite hotel?

Started by DisneyGeorgie, December 06, 2017, 01:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyGeorgie

Hi ,
I've been disney many times over the years and I've only ever stayed in Newport Bay Club apart from in February when I stayed in Vienna Dream Castle which I loved. I still personally love Newport Bay Club but I just wondered what everyone's favourite hotels are whether it's a Disney hotel or a partner hotel like dream castle.
December 2004 - Newport Bay Club
December 2005 - Newport Bay Club
December 2006 - Newport Bay Club
December 2007 - Newport Bay Club
December 2008 - Newport Bay Club
November 2009 - Newport Bay Club
December 2010 - Newport Bay Club
November 2011 - Newport Bay Club
December 2012 - Newport Bay Club
January     2014 - Newport Bay Club
February   2017 - Vienna Dream Castle
November 2017 - Newport Bay Club

bad-pink-tink

so far I have stayed at Santa Fe, Sequoia Lodge and Disneyland Hotel.

Disneyland Hotel is by far my favourite but most likely I wont be able to afford to stay there again.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

littlebitofpixiedust

I've been lucky enough to stay in every Disney on site hotel, my favourite was the Disneyland hotel but it's not something I do very regularly!

I love the sequoia lodge for many reasons and most my stays are here. The Cheyenne has fantastic theming though ☺️

grovesie

We too have stayed in all of the onsite hotels. Our favorite would have to be the Cheyenne

Colbert

We've stayed at Newport Bay once and Cheyenne last week, and we did a tour of all the other hotel shops to ensure we didn't miss anything!

Sequioa Lodge looked fantastic, especially through Christmas, but we loved the Cheyenne theming and pricing  ;D

DisneyGeorgie

I was at Newport Bay a couple of weekends ago and I must say although it's our go to hotel and has been for years, sequoia lodge did look stunning I wish I had gone inside and had a look around. I've always wondered whether hotel New York was any good as well. As for Disneyland Hotel I've never been too fussed about going there I'm not sure whether because I know it will be ridiculously expensive or because I've just always gone to Newport bay that I've never given it a thought.

Colbert

New York was poor, as well as a visit to the ground floor and shop we also had breakfast there one morning and it's clear why it's next up for a refurbishment.

People must only stay there for proximity to the village, there's not much else going for it and it does feel more like a conference facility (which it is) than a luxury hotel.

DisneyGeorgie

Ah looks like I'll give that one a miss then, I remember years ago they used to have an ice skating rink outside the hotel and it looked fab. Sequoia lodge it is next time then. Me and my mum went to Newport bay and we haven't been there since it's been reburbished and although it looked nice me and my mum both said that we thought the old Newport bay was better, maybe it's because they've gotten rid of the bar by reception and put the gift shop there instead. It just makes it seem less spacious.

loladelorean

I've stayed at HNY, SL, NBC and Cheyenne, as well as Dream Castle, Radisson, Explorers and Kyriad offsite. Hotel New York used to be my favourite but I now prefer Sequoia Lodge - with the HNY looking a little run down the rooms are at least as nice at SL and you can usually save a bit. I love Cheyenne as well! Of the offsite ones I've stayed at, I really like Dream Castle too and would go back there if on a budget.
I'm really really hoping to finally stay at the Disneyland Hotel next year just for a couple of nights for a special birthday....and I guess I should also try the Santa Fe so I could then say I've done them all, but when I went to take a look at it the theme didn't appeal to me. For the same money I'd choose Cheyenne every time because I love the theme (just a taste thing really).
Heading to Sequoia Lodge for the third time in a few weeks, and can't wait to stay Golden Forest.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

AJDisney

I've stayed in Cheyenne and wasn't a huge fan to be honest. A bit too far away from the park for my liking, and the shuttle was always so packed on the way back. Theming was fine, but found cast members to be... well, not great. I wrote about it in my latest trip report. I literally had faeces smeared around the toilet and bathroom and I wasn't even offered an apology. They acted like it was an inconvenience that I was asking them to clean the room again....

Also stayed in Radisson Blu, which was amazing. It has a dedicated shuttle, so whilst it's busy first thing in the morning, it's always quiet in the evenings and during the day. Staff were friendly, breakfast was great and I'd 100% stay there again. Pretty cheap too.

Staying in Sequoia Lodge in Feb and pretty excited. Tempted to upgrade to a suite...!
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Pamela

I have stayed at Cheyenne and the NBC and honestly; I never noticed a huge difference in how luxurious the rooms were. The restaurant in NBC is a tad bit more luxurious than the one at Cheyenne, but that would never be the reason for me to go to NBC over Cheyenne. I love both themes, although nautical themes speak to me a little bit more than the western theme. I love them both, so I think I would stay at Cheyenne, because it is cheaper than NBC.
Oh, side note; we were so lucky to have stayed at the nearest block of rooms to the parks when staying at Cheyenne. The distance to the Village was approximately equal, I'd say...?

Why is everybody so obsessed with the Disneyland Hotel? In my eyes it is hugely overpriced and the theme is just... meh... and the rooms I've seen were outdated. (I've seen videos on youtube that showed walk throughs)

Zee79

As I've said previously I've stayed in santa fe, Sequoia lodge and the Cheyenne and a partner hotel the magic circus. Enjoyed them all. We've recently stayed in the sequoia and enjoyed the room but found the atmosphere had changed. We are staying in the Cheyenne in April and hoping it has not changed too much after the refurbishment because this is where my heart lies. Don't know why, I just love it.
My daughter really wants to stay in THE PINK ONE as she puts it haha I'm not sure, it's a nice hotel but that's it, it's a hotel to me, no real Disney theme. For me it would be just to say we have stayed there.

Pete's Dragon

Don't really have a favourite. Everytime we've visited we chosen the hotel that best suits our needs and haven't been disappointed.

First time stayed at the Disney Hotel as it was our honeymoon. The next 2 times we stayed at Sante Fe as we brought the kids along and were on a bit of a budget. Next we stayed at Newport and had an adjoining room with my parents (who paid for the trip, yeah!). More recently we stayed at the Adagio and bought annual passports so we could visit multiple times.

Now that the kids are older the idea of them sharing a double bed isn't appealing unsurprising. So we're using AirBnB, which may be my fav come June (option to cook and save a bit on pricey restaurants, few relaxing beers in the evening while watching the World Cup). We shall see.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Onsite: Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge
Offsite: Whatever is cheapest. Usually I end up at Hipark, Sejours&Affaires or Premiere Classe
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Greg

We love Newport Bay Club as well.  It's beautiful since the refurb and the premium rooms are just as nice as Disneyland Hotel for a much lower price.  The rooms in the Disneyland Hotel have been really tired the times we have stayed there.  It really needs refurbishment. 
June 2009
May 2012
April 2013
June 2014- Disneyland Hotel
April 2015
April 2016 - Newport Bay Club
September 2016 - Disneyland Hotel
January 2017 - Newport Bay Club
October 2017 - Newport Bay Club
April 2018 - Newport Bay Club
October 2018 - Newport Bay Club