Restaurant Reservations - Half Board Plus

Started by babydeeloulou39, November 08, 2017, 04:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babydeeloulou39

Please help, Im trying to plan our stay for March next year it a Christmas present for my husband and 3 year old daughter, we are staying in the NPB in a standard room.  Im so confused about what restaurants are available to reserve before we go on our meal plan and if anyone has any recommendations etc we will be staying for 4 nights arriving at 9pm on the 7th

Thank you all in advance  :) :)

bad-pink-tink

first of all the meal plans are optional, you dont have to get one. I have been 3 times, stayed onsite and never had a meal plan.

Second, you can reserve any of the table service restaurants, the buffet restaurants and the character meals in the parks.

You can not reserve the independent restaurants such as McDonalds, Starbucks, Earl of Sandwich, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe etc etc in The Village.

The free half board meal plan has the quick service breakfast at Cafe Hyperion in the park.

The paid for hotel meal plan has the breakfast in the hotel.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

jamesds

Worth mentioning that you don't necessarily need to reserve. We were there last week, which was incredibly busy, but still just walked in to whatever restaurants we wanted, rather than reserving in advance (with the exception of one meal at Captain Jack's, which we did book ahead of time). We're nowhere near organised enough to plan meals in advance generally :)

Breakfasts might possibly vary, by the way. Our vouchers were only for breakfast in Restaurant en Coulisse in Studio 1 in the other park (they had this printed on them), and we were told we definitely couldn't use them in Cafe Hyperion.

babydeeloulou39

Overdrive

Personally, I had a lovely meal in the Yacht Club restaurant, located in the Newport Bay Club hotel, using our Half Board Plus vouchers, so that's my recommendation!

In any case, the Disneyland website publishes menus of all the table service restaurants where you can use the voucher. Look for the menus with the Plus-icon next to them. It gives you an idea of what food they serve in each of them!