Help!! Christmas day dining!

Started by Sashaoc, October 04, 2017, 08:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sashaoc

Hi everyone- new here, so I hope my post complies with forum etiquette etc  :)

Ok, so the in-laws have treated us to Christmas at DLP and we are sooo excited. I'm a huge Christmas fan and have never been at this time before, so am thrilled but also completely clueless.

We've been booked in for the four course dinner on Christmas Day at HNY at 12pm. Beyond this I literally have no other information. I found a couple of old trip advisor reviews (3 years plus), one of which was super positive, the other which wasn't great.

So, has anybody been within the last couple of years, what was the menu like and was there any other entertainment other than characters. My MIL said she paid 190 pounds each for the adults  :o so I'm hoping it's worth the money for her sake more than anything.

Any info etc would be hugely appreciated xx

Samninetysix

We did Christmas at DLP although it was back in 2006 and booked "The Magical World of Tinkerbell" dinner/show for £100 pp. The show was obviously pure Disney and spectacular, the dinner however was shocking, despite the advertising promising a gastronomic extravaganza we actually got served a beef parmentier - basically a cottage pie and a bottle of wine between 4 people. This is 11 years ago and I'm sure it's not the same as you've got booked.

Sashaoc

Hey, thanks for the reply- this sounds much like our experience for our daughter's birthday at Cafe Mickey. From what I can see Christmas Eve is the main event for the French so there seems to be a lot more info. Adult prices for our Xmas day meal are 190 euro  but I've noted that on some of the 2016 brochures that some adult xmas eve dinner prices were 300+ so I guess you probably are paying for the experience rather than the food, which is a shame seen as we're in France!

grovesie

We went over Christmas 4 years ago and ate at the New York hotel on XMas day. The meal was amazing the character interaction and amount of characters walking about was again plentiful. We had a slow morning, walked through the village to the New York Hotel had a slow diner then finished the day off with a walk along Main Street and Dreams.

Just a few pics to put you in the mood

Christmas Dinner by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Sashaoc

Ahhh Grovesie, thanks for the pics- it looks wonderful! Being a bit of a Christmas bod anyway I can't wait  ;D So glad you had a great time x