Disney Hotel cleaning

Started by jamesds, October 13, 2017, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesds

Hi,

This is probably a bit of a daft question, but we stayed in Cheyenne earlier this year, which was our first time staying at one of the Disney hotels. One thing that seemed a bit odd was that there didn't seem to be any way to stop the cleaners coming in to the room. Normally, you just get a do not disturb sign, but there didn't appear to be one. Is that normal, or did we just miss something obvious?

One morning, we were very late out of the room (I was ill all holiday which meant we were sleeping in quite late) and it was quite a struggle to convince the cleaner not to come in anyway (and, in the end, even though I'd said we didn't want the room cleaned that day, they still came in and did once we'd gone out).

sentosa

just ask concierge for a do not disturb sign,

bad-pink-tink

very likely the do not disturb sign had not been replaced in your room thats all. People take them as souvenirs and its likely housekeeping just didnt notice it was gone after the the last guest left the room
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

AJDisney

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on October 14, 2017, 11:03:26 AM
very likely the do not disturb sign had not been replaced in your room thats all. People take them as souvenirs and its likely housekeeping just didnt notice it was gone after the the last guest left the room

I didn't have one when I stayed in Cheyenne, either!

Saying that, thought the cleaners were awful :( When we arrived there was literally faeces smeared around the toilet and the button to flush. The room was dirty, cobwebs everywhere. Even when I complained at the reception desk and the cleaners cleaned it again it was filthy.

I was wearing white socks and they were literally black after walking on the floor in my room :-X!

Going to be booking a Golden Forest room next time, so hopefully better cleaning!
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

jamesds

Thanks for the replies. I just assumed it was some odd Disney thing, rather than somebody having just taken it. I said it was probably a daft question :)

We didn't have any trouble with the actual standard of cleaning when we went in May, thankfully. Going back in a couple of weeks, and will be staying there again.

Jbop123

Does anyone know if theres a way to stop it at the Santa Fe? After hearing so many horror stories about teddybears being sweapt up in the bedding never to be seen again I'd rather be safe than sorry!