Hotels near Disney

Started by scoobydoo, June 28, 2017, 12:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobydoo

Hi,
We went to DLP with our daughter at Easter and had a great time  ;D
We stayed at the Vienna House Dream Castle. The Hotel was fine. Good room, good breakfast & pretty frequent bus transport to/from the parks. The food/drink options outside of breakfast are not so great there.

We bought the Annual Passes as we intended to do 2 trips in the year. I've just bought some cheap flights for September so we are really looking forward to returning  :)

What I didn't like about Dream Castle was the fact that it's just a strip of hotels ... absolutely no other amenities there. When we go back we'd like a hotel with a choice of restaurants/bars/shops on it's doorstep, but still with easy transport to the parks (we don't intend to hire a car).

Could anybody recommend any hotels with a bit more "life" around them?

Thanks in advance !

Scooby

fan_tasmic

I've stayed in Hotel L'Elysée Val d'Europe the past few times I've been to Disneyland Paris and I really like it!
The hotel is great, staff are friendly and the breakfast is also very good.  The hotel is less than a minutes walk away from a huge shopping centre/mall full of places to shop and eat!  Also next to the hotel there are quite a few restaurants and cafes, and the train station, which is only one stop away from the parks! The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the parks too if you didn't want to take the train.  I would recommend Hotel L'Elysée mainly for the quality of the hotel, but also for the wide variety of things around it!   

AJDisney

You'll need to stay in Val D'Europe for local amenities. Most of the partner hotels are in the middle of no where in the fields surrounding the hotels.

We stayed at Radisson Blu earlier this month and loved it. The only thing which is stopping us from going back to location. There was literally nothing there and they capitalise on this by charging 4 Euro for a 500ml bottle of water!!!
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

scoobydoo

Thanks !
I'll take a look at Val D'Europe then

Caz

Highly recommend Relais Spa Val d'Europe. Close to shopping, restaurants and train station but also walkable - you can see the Studios from the hotel. They also offer a free shuttle service. We've stayed there twice as add ons to our stays on site. The rooms are great, very well appointed some like small apartments with very useful kitchen area, comfortable beds, lovely bathrooms etc. THe staff are lovely can't fault it really, the only reason we're not using this time is cos we need the pennies towards our DLH stay so trying somewhere further out.
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

rocker

I'm a fan of Hi-Park in Val d'Europe.  Mini apartments with a kitchenette & refurbed 3 years ago so rooms are very clean (if somewhat boring).  Has the free shuttle bus to the park & is in fact the closest hotel in Val d'Europe to DLP so you can walk it in 20 mins or so if you miss or don't want to take the bus. 

You've got the huge shopping centre with Auchan hypermarket inside, plus at the closest corner of the shopping centre (5 mins walk) you've got the food court with at least 10 different places to eat. 

I'll be staying there for the 4th time later this year.  NB some rooms have sofa beds rather than beds.  Very good sofa beds but obviously not quite the same as a real bed so check the room spec you're offered carefully if this would be an issue...

never2old

We love the Hipark, we've stayed there many times and will stay many more.

You can walk to the parks if you feel like it (10-15 minutes away) or take the shuttle bus that stops just outside the hotel. The Val d'Europe shopping center is just a few minutes away, with all the restaurants and shops you may need.

We love staying there, there's 3 of us so we go for the "suites", meaning we get a bedroom and a separate living room with a sofa bed - so our daughter can go to sleep and we can watch TV without bothering her too much. Having a little kitchen also works great, we can have breakfast (although the one in the hotel is really good) and dinner there, and save some money...

seraphelle

As the others have said, try and stay the 'other' side of Disneyland in Serris by Val d'Europe.
There are tonnes of hotels and a huge shopping centre, along with lots of restaurants.
I've stayed in HiPark, Adagio, and Sejours & Affaires Rive Gauche and would recommend all of them.
They're very reasonable as well if you think how close you are to the parks (5 mins on bus / 15 min walk).
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

scoobydoo

Ok, I've managed to book the Adagio for a decent price.Thanks for all the advice. I probably should have booked back in July as prices were MUCH cheaper then. Anyway, looking forward to it..10 days to go  ;D

I see there's a free shuttle from the Adagio (bus 50 I think. We were bus 54 last time from the Dream Castle). That could be useful.

seraphelle - you mention it's only a 15 min walk. I see HiPark is nearer, but would you recommend just walking from the Adagio too? If that's all it takes then you could waste that amount of time standing around for a bus anyway

rocker

Adagio & Hi-Park are 5 mins walk apart & it's that same shuttle bus that transports to you to DLP (picking up from different stops) so the 20 minute walk from Adagio very do-able.  The bus is great & runs very accurately to it's timetable in my experience.  The only time it's an issue, is if you stay to watch the fireworks & it's a bit of a scrum to get on the bus back after park close.  They'll hand you a timetable when you check in so you'll know when the buses run.

I prefer Hi-Park as the rooms are newly refurbed & it's slightly closer to the park, but the Adagio has a slightly better breakfast & you are right next to the food court at Val d'Europe so it's swings & roundabouts.  The thing I didn't like about Adagio & that was no air con.  Went in June & it was 30 degrees one day so really hard to sleep.  If you're going when it's hot, insist on a room that is isn't on the ground floor so at least you can leave a window open.

Enjoy your trip & don't forget, as you're now AP holders, you can leave you're luggage for free at the park entrance so you can get straight to the fun & check in to the hotel the evening.  :)

scoobydoo

Thanks for the info rocker  :D
Yes, I know how busy the buses can be after fireworks from our last stay at Dream Castle !
I think I would have preferred the Hi-Park too. It does look nicer and I really should have booked it after so many folk here recommended it. All the places were much cheaper to book two months ago....30% or more. The Adagio deal I saw the other day was £270 for 4 nights as opposed to over £400 for the Hi-Park. Considering how little time we spent in dream castle the last time I thought I'd rather save the money on that and spend more in the parks  ;D

We go on 15th Sep so hopefully aircon shouldn't be needed so badly.

Thanks for the luggage tip. I wasn't aware that was a benefit of the Fantasy Pass (thought it was just the Dream), so that might come in handy for first day.

rocker

Quote from: scoobydoo on September 05, 2017, 09:56:42 PM
Thanks for the luggage tip. I wasn't aware that was a benefit of the Fantasy Pass (thought it was just the Dream), so that might come in handy for first day.

ooh, don't know about that.  I'm a Dream pass holder, you'd better check that benefit comes with Fantasy AP.

Oh & if you booked on a cancellable rate, you can always call DLP, tell them your a pass holder & get them to quote you room only with the pass discount.  The deals on offer variy wildly, but last year I got 4 nights at Cheyenne for £180 this way...ridiculously cheap so worth a look, particularly if you're going off peak/term time  (but you don't get breakfast these days)

scoobydoo

Just a quick update -
Had a fab time at DLP again.
The Adagio was fine. Ok, it's in need of some TLC...the carpets are badly marked and bathrooms have moldy silicon. But everything works fine...heating,hot water, fridge, microwave etc. We hardly used the shuttle bus and just walked to the parks each day as weather was fine (apart from crazy thunderstorms on Monday). The Hi Park does look a bit nicer so will probably try that next time.
Just used Ubers to and from CDG..so all in all a very easy holiday..thanks for the tips everyone :-)

loladelorean

Glad you had a great trip! You probably know this already, but for others checking this thread who have APs or other separate park tickets, it is also possible to book Disney hotels room only. There are often good rates on expedia - when I had an AP I did this and enjoyed bargain stays at the Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

samuelvictor

Glad you had a good time. The Adagio is decent, especially for longer stays iof you want to buy a load of food from the Auchan supermarket and keep it in your cupboards, fridge etc as its more of an appartment.

For next time, hotels in the same area, the Hi Park and L'Elysee are both really nice. Hi Park has an (outdoor) swimming pool, but the rooms are a little bigger in the Elysee. Elysee is a 10 minute longer walk to the parks, but is right next to Auchan and the Train station (for day trips to Paris) whereas they are about a 10 minute walk from the Hi-Park. Of course there are free shuttle buses from all of them :)