Disney Gifts for the kids?

Started by SJH1979, September 11, 2017, 04:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJH1979

We are staying at the Newporte Bay in April. Been reading reviews on TripAdvisor. The first one states 'The kids loved their disney gifts waiting on their beds'.
We've been a number of times before, but never received gifts. Last visit we also stayed in the Compass Club in the Newporte Bay, and no gifts. Have things changed? Or is that a super expensive room?

justlikeidreamedit

We got soft toys left on the beds for a few trips, but then nothing. When I questioned it, I was told it was if you were a repeat customer. As I had booked that trip online, I accepted it. However, the last couple of trip have been booked over the phone and I always say that I have been numerous times, but there was nothing. I can't complain at the room given though at Compass Club, Newport Bay. One of the central balcony rooms on the 8th floor with the most amazing view! Could've been luck, but I like to think it was linked to being a good customer!

seraphelle

We have had that the one year but I suspect it was a treat as I'd mentioned it was my daughters birthday during our stay.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

2bigkids2weekids

I took my own wrapped up gifts last year and put them on the beds for the kids each night, just wee mickey/minnie toys, a book each, a dress-up outfit... and the minney and mickey ears! Kids thought they were from the hotel, saved me a fortune from the prices charged over there! It was my daughter's birthday while we were there, Hotel New York knew as we asked them about the birthday badge and they told us how to get it (it did no good either as I hadn't taken a lanyard to protect it from the weather!) but she didn't get anything from the hotel
Hotel New York - December 2016
Booked for Santa Fe - December 2017